Anyone been to Greenland?

I looked in Ports of Call for Nuuk with no joy.

We are looking at a hiking tour: 

Hiking Around Quassussuaq

Take in the fresh, crisp air on a hike through the untouched wilderness of Quassussuaq.

• Take a scenic bus ride to reach the outskirts of Nuuk, where your hike begins.
  • Hike past streams and lakes through the untouched wilderness, and enjoy spectacular views of the Nuuk fjord system, the second-largest in the world.

It has no further details.  I will assume it is not paved trails, but is it scrambles over rocks? Gravel or grass paths?  It says is it 5 hours 30 minutes, but how much of that is on the bus?  

It's weirdly blank on details.  So, does anyone know anything about it?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, flamingos said:

I looked in Ports of Call for Nuuk with no joy.

We are looking at a hiking tour: 

Hiking Around Quassussuaq

Take in the fresh, crisp air on a hike through the untouched wilderness of Quassussuaq.

• Take a scenic bus ride to reach the outskirts of Nuuk, where your hike begins.
  • Hike past streams and lakes through the untouched wilderness, and enjoy spectacular views of the Nuuk fjord system, the second-largest in the world.

It has no further details.  I will assume it is not paved trails, but is it scrambles over rocks? Gravel or grass paths?  It says is it 5 hours 30 minutes, but how much of that is on the bus?  

It's weirdly blank on details.  So, does anyone know anything about it?  Thanks.

In 2018 on Royal's first cruise to Greenland.   Didn’t do that tour.  Is your stop at Qaqatoq (sp?)?  We went, through Royal,  to someone's home for coffee and cake to learn about life on the island.   Our hostess was in her 80s and was great.  She told us she walked to the store in the am but took a cab back and then baked for us.  Our hostess spoke some English but where necessary our guide translated.   We like meeting locals and learning about their life. If that tour is available I'd recommend it.  We also wandered around town and went into some local stores.  Lots of American goods in the grocery. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

In 2018 on Royal's first cruise to Greenland.   Didn’t do that tour.  Is your stop at Qaqatoq (sp?)?  We went, through Royal,  to someone's home for coffee and cake to learn about life on the island.   Our hostess was in her 80s and was great.  She told us she walked to the store in the am but took a cab back and then baked for us.  Our hostess spoke some English but where necessary our guide translated.   We like meeting locals and learning about their life. If that tour is available I'd recommend it.  We also wandered around town and went into some local stores.  Lots of American goods in the grocery. 

Thanks, I will look to see if they add it. With Covid, maybe not.  It's odd, they have only 4 excursions, and only two of them have prices. 

This is out of Nuuk, which is after Qaqortoq. 

1 minute ago, flamingos said:

Thanks, I will look to see if they add it. With Covid, maybe not.  It's odd, they have only 4 excursions, and only two of them have prices. 

This is out of Nuuk, which is after Qaqortoq. 

We had only the one port after sailing through the fjords.  Had a naturalist on board who spoke from the bridge. Could hear him in the cabins and elsewhere.   We were on a TA.  Not sure if that makes a difference. 

8 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

We had only the one port after sailing through the fjords.  Had a naturalist on board who spoke from the bridge. Could hear him in the cabins and elsewhere.   We were on a TA.  Not sure if that makes a difference. 

This is a TA from Copenhagen, via Iceland.  It makes up for the one cancelled in 2020, and the one cancelled in 2021.  🙂

Qaqortoq is a small town so limited excursions.  There may be a couple of vans but no buses.  There are a couple of paved roads.  The village is on the side of a mountain so hills to walk.  Google the town to see what is there and try to look at a couple of videos.  

14 minutes ago, secondtime said:

Qaqortoq is a small town so limited excursions.  There may be a couple of vans but no buses.  There are a couple of paved roads.  The village is on the side of a mountain so hills to walk.  Google the town to see what is there and try to look at a couple of videos.  

Yeah, we were thinking of just walking around and seeing what there is.

Perhaps there is local beer.

Did you go to Nuuk?