Blackout curtains on Carnival ships

sheriday1980

I'll be travelling with a 4 year old who is used to sleeping in a pitch black room. Due to the lack of interior connected cabins on the Sunshine, I had to get two connecting ocean view cabins.

Are the curtains blackout curtains? I was thinking about bringing some magnets to secure the curtain around the edges and some clips to clip it together in the middle, but does anyone recall if their curtains blacked out enough light that if I could seal up the edges this would work? My goal is to NOT have my sweet cherub waking up with the sun!

When we travel I tape tin foil in the windows but I'd like to actually be able to pull the curtains back during the day. And I'd like it to look slightly less like a meth lab.

Thanks!

• Haha 8

I like my rooms for sleeping like your 4 year old does! Lol. And your idea of bringing magnets is a good one. I usually bring the velcro picture-hanging Command strips to accomplish the same thing, and those work well also. Either method, bring at least two or three sets -- That dang sun sure likes to laser in around the edges wherever it can! 🌞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sheriday1980 said:

I'll be travelling with a 4 year old who is used to sleeping in a pitch black room. Due to the lack of interior connected cabins on the Sunshine, I had to get two connecting ocean view cabins.

Are the curtains blackout curtains? I was thinking about bringing some magnets to secure the curtain around the edges and some clips to clip it together in the middle, but does anyone recall if their curtains blacked out enough light that if I could seal up the edges this would work? My goal is to NOT have my sweet cherub waking up with the sun!

When we travel I tape tin foil in the windows but I'd like to actually be able to pull the curtains back during the day. And I'd like it to look slightly less like a meth lab.

Thanks!

I do the same. Bring them. However the top lets light in. I willstick two large towels on the top.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sheriday1980 said:

I'll be travelling with a 4 year old who is used to sleeping in a pitch black room.

Could they wear a child's sleep mask?  So many cute ones on Amazon.  Maybe put it into a little cruise goody bag and give it some days prior to the trip so they can practice.  Easier than messing with the curtains.  Just a thought  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cruisin*tigger said:

Could they wear a child's sleep mask?  So many cute ones on Amazon.  Maybe put it into a little cruise goody bag and give it some days prior to the trip so they can practice.  Easier than messing with the curtains.  Just a thought  🙂

I hadn't even considered that they made sleep masks for kids! That's certainly something worth trying! 

And they are ADORABLE.

41OneRDfthL._AC_.jpg

• Like 4