More last minute questions

Twolittleboys

Really sorry but I do have a couple more questions about my upcoming trip (Saturday) on Celebrity Edge. Any help would be appreciated.

a) I signed up for Anytime dining - not really sure why as I generally prefer traditional (I was in a rush booking). But I think I read that they still don't seat strangers together due to COVID so it wouldn't really matter (I like assigned seating with the same table mates). Is this correct?

b) For anytime dining - do I need to make reservations or do I just show up?

c) How is the thermal spa? Not interested in any treatments but maybe in the area.

d) When I looked into booking most options (1 day, 4 day etc.) were not available, only 7 day. That had a pretty decent price though (less than most others). When I click on it it asks me to reserve a specific time slot though. Is that just some glitch/administrative aspect or is it not really a day pass? Do you have to make reservations?

It's my first time on Celebrity so not quite sure yet how everything works...

a)  They'll seat however you prefer.

b)  Either---never had to wait more than 15ish minutes.

c)  Wife liked the space on Apex.

d)  Time you choose is irrelevant---it's administrative.  Reservations not required.

• Like 1

With Anytime dining your actual table may change, but typically you are still assigned a particular waiter's section. You can show up anytime between 5:30-9:30 p.m. and do not require a reservation. If you do prefer to have a reservation time instead, which would likely allow for the same table each night, I believe you are able to make them when you board.

I can't comment on the thermal spa, unfortunately.

I hope this helps! Enjoy your cruise. We are going on the Edge in January, we've only sailed SClass in the past. I hope you'll report back your experience!

Edited by hevnsprncs
  • Like 1

Thanks so much. So I won't have to worry about dinner reservations, which is good. Do they assign one of the MDRs with anytime dining or do you just go to whichever you feel like?

If anyone has more info on the thermal spa I would very much appreciate it. I did suspect that the times were just administrative - glad that is the case. Still not sure if it would be worth it though. What exactly do you do there? Just chill out?

The Thermal Spa on the Edge is very nice.    The area has a walkthrough shower with different shower heads and temps as you exit the dressing rooms.   

There are separate rooms:   Hammam, Salt, Sauna, Steam.   Each have different temperatures and have postings outside the room.   The Hammam has water jets and I was provided with sugar scrub to use.   

The thermal beds are in front of the ship, are heated and lookout over the very front of the ship to the ocean.    They are great for resting, reading, etc.  If you are of a “certain age”, they provide great relief to muscles and bones after a day intensive tours .   

My only disappoint with the area is the lack of pool/whirlpool in the immediate area.   There is an adults only area just at the entrance of the spa that has each.   

I have booked it on both Edge cruises I have done.   I’m never sorry that I did.    I would save on specialty dining or other areas before I passed on the spa.  

Just MHO…….