4 night cruise

jimbo1683

I am on a 4 night QV cruise to Bruges and Rotterdam in November. I'm a bit confused about what order the ports are in. Maybe I just assumed that because it is called "Bruges and Rotterdam" they would cone in that order, but the calendar in MyCunard suggests the opposite. Or did they switch?

Not sure. Anyway.

The first full day is a sea day. How on earth will it take from departure time on Friday until the early hours of Sunday morning to sail the short distance from Southampton to Rotterdam (or Bruges)? What time will we be docking?

Here are the port timings for your cruise. Although Cunard only lists vague timings such as "early evening", "early morning" and "afternoon", the actual timings are listed on some cruise booking websites.

Nov 11: Southampton - Depart 16:30 
Nov 12: At Sea
Nov 13: Rotterdam - Arrive 07:00, Depart 19:00 
Nov 14: Zeebrugge - Arrive 07:00, Depart 17:00 
Nov 15: Southampton - Arrive 07:00 

Figuring about 260 NM from Southampton to Rotterdam, that could be done overnight in the allotted time of 13.5 hours (figuring in the loss of an hour for the time change) at an average speed of 19.3 knots. That's toward the upper end of QV's capabilities and I imagine they would prefer to slow her down to conserve fuel. Enjoy a pleasant sea day on November 12 instead.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Lanky Lad said:

As you are on board on November 11th, I would recommend checking the daily programme to see if there is a remembrance service on. This is usually very moving. 

Probably not.

Services are always in the morning and remembrance services always start before 11:00am.

The most moving that we experienced, was in 2018 on QE, which of course was the 100th commemoration.

The theatre was bursting! We arrived an hour before (complete with my Army tie) and long before the service commenced it was full. The corriodors were full too. Probably well over 800 attended, with others standing just outside.

A wonderful floral poppy display "100" was centre stage.

Very moving service and a credit to Cunard and the ship's company.

Stewart

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

Probably not.

Services are always in the morning and remembrance services always start before 11:00am.

The most moving that we experienced, was in 2018 on QE, which of course was the 100th commemoration.

The theatre was bursting! We arrived an hour before (complete with my Army tie) and long before the service commenced it was full. The corriodors were full too. Probably well over 800 attended, with others standing just outside.

A wonderful floral poppy display "100" was centre stage.

Very moving service and a credit to Cunard and the ship's company.

Stewart

I was on QM2 in 2018 on a B2B Transatlantic and we were in New York on the 11th. So the service was held at 7.30pm.