Nassau SCUBA Help!!

fsuwx

Sailing on the Independence in Sep and Royal swapped Port days. Unfortunately, it affects the time in port. I was really looking forward to a SCUBA trip, but it appears that the only reputable tour company is Stuart Cove's and in-port times aren't within their window.

Does anybody know of any other SCUBA tour companies that offer some flexibility?

Thanks!!

Stuart Cove's is indeed the only dive operation on the island. They do work with the cruise lines on excursions, so it's possible RCL will make some arrangements with the shop which work with their new port times. Otherwise, you're pretty much out of luck for Nassau.

That said, I was in Nassau in April and dove with Stuart Cove's for 4 days. The diving was fine, but I probably wouldn't go back to Nassau in the future. You really aren't missing anything. There are islands with much better diving (which is probably why there's only one shop there).

Edited by bruzin_for_a_cruizin
  • Like 2

I'm fairly sure there are other operators in Nassau. Last time we were there in Nov 2018 we went with Bahama Divers - https://www.betterinbahamas.com/scuba-diving/private-2-tank-dive-wreck-reef-all-inclusive/

They were decent, but the water was surprisingly chilly at that time of year.  They are located just across from Atlantis more or less, so just down the road from the usual port location.  I agree with bruzin though, the diving is pretty meh on the north side from what I've seen.  I've never been in Nassau long enough to head over to Stuart Cove's though so I don't really know what the more southerly side would be like.

• 1 month later...

You have to book diving through your ship in Nassau. All ship diving no matter what cruise line is through Stuarts Cove. None of the dive operators offer times conducive  to ship docking.  The diving was actually pretty good when I went last December but the boats were cattle boats.

Edited by mac66

• 1 year later...

Our ship will be at nassau bahamas between 9am to 6pm.  We are very interested in the shark adventure dive.  Stuart cove’s bus for shark dive returns to the cruise port at 6:20pm per their website.  Have any one done this dive and what time you were able to return to the cruise port?  Also, what time does the regular afternoon dive returns?  Our cruise does not offer scuba excursions.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...