Insulated cups with alcohol in them

lucylou67

On 7/28/2022 at 3:18 PM, lucylou67 said:

Can you walk around on your Carnival Cruise, with your insulated cup, with your alcoholic drink you made from your stateroom?

Op don't be the tall nail and you won't get the hammer,

In other words if you are subtle you should have no problem bringing an insulated cup to the lido to enjoy while catching some rays. I would not however bring that cup to the MDR as it might stand out and garner unwanted curiosity.

• Like 1

I have my bubba mug(snippy cup) with me most of the time, even in the pool and it no one business what is in it.  If someone asks I am completely honest about my allergie to opioid and this is my pain meds. Freedom is not forcing your opinions on everyone else.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all!  Yes, I was only referring to alcohol I purchased through carnival pre-cruise to have in my stateroom and I am not talking about taking it off the ship.  Just wandered if I could make me a drink in my own cup and walk to a show or shop.  Thanks for all the help.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 3:18 PM, lucylou67 said:

Can you walk around on your Carnival Cruise, with your insulated cup, with your alcoholic drink you made from your stateroom?

Absolutely.

Always take an insulated Bubba Keg that I use for juices in the morning and drinks all night.

Enjoy.

Edited by bguppies

Bartenders will pour your drink into an insulated cup after making it. I even have them rinse out my tumbler when I switch drinks and they gladly do it. When I have in-room bat service I absolutely make my Bloody Mary and put in in my Tumblr and off to the races I go. 

15 minutes ago, WKUTopperFan said:

Bartenders will pour your drink into an insulated cup after making it. I even have them rinse out my tumbler when I switch drinks and they gladly do it. When I have in-room bat service I absolutely make my Bloody Mary and put in in my Tumblr and off to the races I go. 

Bat service and Bloody Mary's?    Are you a Vampire?   🙂

• Haha 2

I always bring an insulated tumbler for the lido deck.  Drinks melt too quickly in the sun.  If you have Cheers or Soda package, they will fill it with soda for you.  I typically buy a bottle of Vodka for the room and get my tumbler filled with soda and lime to mix drinks for the balcony!  I don't want to be bothered to carry it around in the evening.  If I want to take a glass of wine or a drink to dinner, I just take a glass back to the cabin with me.

On 8/24/2022 at 3:27 PM, lucylou67 said:

Thanks all!  Yes, I was only referring to alcohol I purchased through carnival pre-cruise to have in my stateroom and I am not talking about taking it off the ship.  Just wandered if I could make me a drink in my own cup and walk to a show or shop.  Thanks for all the help.

We have done this on many cruises with no issue. I always bring some of our past carnival insulated cups . Even when we get our drinks on deck they last longer when you put them in the cup compaired to the sweaty glass.

On 7/28/2022 at 12:18 PM, lucylou67 said:

Heck, after embarkation getting on ship day, from what I can tell, you can go through security too at ports with it. We carried standard  “water” bottles back on in the shoulder tote bag. 

Guest BasicSailor

I do it with no problems other than a crew member asking me what's in the cup. I usually respond with saying alcohol. Their next question would be where did you get it from.  I would say from a bar. Truthfully, I like a covered cup with my personal straw.  Keeps it colder longer .

Guest BasicSailor
25 minutes ago, kona_wahine said:

When you buy a bottle to have delivered to your room you are told and you “Promise” you will ONLY drink it in your room. How many actually do that? Just don’t call attention to yourself. 

I have never been asked that question? And I do have it delivered, and yes I walk around with it.