Is Carnival Allowing Saving Deck Chairs Now?

JT1962

15 minutes ago, Craxe77 said:

This is one of the reasons I booked a room on the Horizon in the Havana area. Hopefully its a much less crowded and has less chair hogging. I'll find out in October.

We loved the Havana area.  No problem ever getting a lounge, and pool and hottubs were empty.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 11:20 AM, CruizinSusan70 said:

Incident one...Carnival Magic  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_VP7LSTVVo

Incident two...RC Navigator OTS   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x5C3Bk1TT8

Incident three...NCL Joy  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9DV2j3MO9Y

All 3 incidents happened within the last few months.

It sure aint the LOVE BOAT......give a lifetime ban to these folks.

16 hours ago, mz-s said:

I saw that on Sunshine in the Lido restaurant. They were saving an entire row of tables so their group could play cards. It was during a slow time between meal service so I didn't say anything to them. Had I seen them during the lunch or dinner rush it would have been a different story.

I can't help but think if people need these things reserved for their exclusive use they should hire a yacht for their vacations like the folks do on Below Deck.

Ah yes the LIDO campers....One mob insists on taking the entire corner area with 12 tables and maybe 38 people....they had someone at the table 24-7, and if you dared to sit down, they were on ya.  Loud and Rude !!!

3 hours ago, Craxe77 said:

This is one of the reasons I booked a room on the Horizon in the Havana area. Hopefully its a much less crowded and has less chair hogging. I'll find out in October.

My last cruise (with celebrity) I felt like a cork bobbing in the water. I couldn't move because so many people were in the pool on the main deck. The pool experience wasn't relaxing or fun. 

Spent two different 8 day sailings in 2018 and 2019 on the Horizon in the Havana area.  Only had one day where chairs were hard to find.  The pool and hot tubs were never crowded, unlike the adult soup elsewhere.  And reading or relaxing with a drink in one of the two tiki huts was great with your feet in the water.  And the bar is 10 yards away.  

If you do decide to cruise on Celebrity again, choose one of the Edge Class ships (Edge, Apex, Beyond, Ascent).  Their main pool is 25 yards long.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 7:37 PM, mz-s said:

Just move the towels. I do. I don't care anymore.

you got the right attitude given how people are these days.

I just play dumb and say there was no towel.

By now if folks do not know to leave at least a book or shoes or something more than a towel, well they off it goes after I watch just a bit

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 1:07 PM, ninjacat123 said:

What if when you leave your chair you take a pic with your phone of you in your chair, getting a time stamp.  That way if anyone moves your stuff before the required time, you can prove you were only gone so long.  Just a thought....

OMG this is a great idea and clever.  I think the deck hands would be impressed.

• Thanks 1