Flights by Celebrity

IceGator99

Sailing on Beyond 8/27 for Italian Rivera and booked flights through Celebrity.  Our flights coming  back to DFW from Rome keep changing. Celebrity currently has us going through Madrid with 1 hr 15 min connection time.  American site shows plenty  of other options and availability  and celebrity says they are waiting on American to move to our requested flight.  American is of course no help as they want you to deal with Celebrity and says the reservation has not been ticketed yet.  Anyone else struggle in dealing with Flights by Celebrity or have suggestions on how to get on a preferred flight?  With only 4 weeks to go it shouldn’t be this hard!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, IceGator99 said:

Sailing on Beyond 8/27 for Italian Rivera and booked flights through Celebrity.  Our flights coming  back to DFW from Rome keep changing. Celebrity currently has us going through Madrid with 1 hr 15 min connection time.  American site shows plenty  of other options and availability  and celebrity says they are waiting on American to move to our requested flight.  American is of course no help as they want you to deal with Celebrity and says the reservation has not been ticketed yet.  Anyone else struggle in dealing with Flights by Celebrity or have suggestions on how to get on a preferred flight?  With only 4 weeks to go it shouldn’t be this hard!

If your flights have not been ticketed yet then you'll need to continue to go through FBC for info.  I called FBC and paid for our April 2023 flights and asked that they be ticketed immediately.  The flights showed up on my Delta app within a few minutes and I've called Delta and spoke with them about the reservation without them referring me back to FBC.  If you're not happy with the flights then requesting them to be ticketed might not help but,  if you're able to get the schedule you want then I'd call and ask for them to be ticketed. 

Edited by CoG72crewz

51 minutes ago, CoG72crewz said:

If your flights have not been ticketed yet then you'll need to continue to go through FBC for info.  I called FBC and paid for our April 2023 flights and asked that they be ticketed immediately.  The flights showed up on my Delta app within a few minutes and I've called Delta and spoke with them about the reservation without them referring me back to FBC.  If you're not happy with the flights then requesting them to be ticketed might not help but,  if you're able to get the schedule you want then I'd call and ask for them to be ticketed. 

Your lucky Delta is talking with you. I am on the 9/3 Edge cruise out of Rome. I noticed the first leg of my journey was missing from my United Ap on 6/29..I immediately called United to see if it was canceled…it was but they said they could not rebook me ..I needed to deal with Flights by Celebrity and I had been ticketed at that point..

when I called Flights by Celebrity they said I would take up to 30 days to get new flights…I thought that was excessive and was not pleased…had my Travel Agent get involved and it has gone nowhere…

Yesterday was 30 days since I called and still no flights for my cruise…now my travel agent says it won’t be addressed until 30 days before my flight which is 9/1…

12 minutes ago, Susanb10567 said:

Your lucky Delta is talking with you. I am on the 9/3 Edge cruise out of Rome. I noticed the first leg of my journey was missing from my United Ap on 6/29..I immediately called United to see if it was canceled…it was but they said they could not rebook me ..I needed to deal with Flights by Celebrity and I had been ticketed at that point..

when I called Flights by Celebrity they said I would take up to 30 days to get new flights…I thought that was excessive and was not pleased…had my Travel Agent get involved and it has gone nowhere…

Yesterday was 30 days since I called and still no flights for my cruise…now my travel agent says it won’t be addressed until 30 days before my flight which is 9/1…

What a horrible experience!  I hope they get things straightened out for you soon. 

8 hours ago, IceGator99 said:

We also have our flights booked thru Celebrity.  So far we have not had any problems but I have been reading many posts about FBC and their drawbacks are well chronicled on this board.  This includes the long time it takes for FBC to seek permission from an airline to make improvements on the flight changes that the airline forced upon Celebrity passengers.

I am a little surprised to read that American says you are not ticketed yet although I don't know if this would have prevented the problems that you are now seeing.  You should have paid Celebrity for your plane tickets when you made final payment for your cruise.   After receiving payment, FBC should have paid for your air tickets and, well, you should now be ticketed.

Good luck and I hope things are resolved in your favor.

FBC is a consolidator.   They put people into groups- thus the lower fares that are often available.   There is a tradeoff for those fares in that you often cannot easily change them and they are not ticketed sometimes until final payment.  With all the flight issues and multiple people having issues I wonder why people continue to fly this way.  Airlines are in chaos today.  The changes are not the fault of FBC.  Just be sure you understand the terms 100% before you book.

Good luck to the OP.

My recommendation is not to wait for FBC to ticket the reservation if you have made final payment.  Just wait a couple of days after making final payment and call FBC to ask to be ticketed.  I did that for an October cruise this morning - no waiting time and I saw that the reservation had been ticketed immediately and I can now manage it through the airline website.

Edited by Nyhawkeye
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

FBC is a consolidator.   They put people into groups- thus the lower fares that are often available.   There is a tradeoff for those fares in that you often cannot easily change them and they are not ticketed sometimes until final payment.  With all the flight issues and multiple people having issues I wonder why people continue to fly this way.  Airlines are in chaos today.  The changes are not the fault of FBC.  Just be sure you understand the terms 100% before you book.

Good luck to the OP.

You are right that the changes are not the fault of FBC.  Long story short... my 10 am departure flight was canceled.  They moved me to a later flight leaving at 12:40pm.  With airlines in crisis, this time makes me nervous.  There is a 7am flight but they're refused to make that change.  On the way back they changed my 2pm flight to 5:30.  Yuk.  The worst part was not just that they wouldn't make my requested changes but that they told me I should have booked directly with Delta if I wanted to be able to make  changes.  I would not use FBC again.  For domestic flights, they can't make it cheap enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For my flights I was able to deal with Air Canada directly for our flights to Florida.  They emailed me that I needed to contact them re changed flights.  The return are with United.  My original flights were great for timelines.  They added a stop which increased the travel day by 6 hours, waiting to get that changed.  We were told the 30 day timeframe as well. Our cruise is in November 

Edited by kdkstormy