Equipment hire in Copenhagen - patient lifter/ hoist

Hello, 

My husband and I are booked to sail from Copenhagen at the end of August 2022 on Voyager of the Seas. We usually travel from Southampton , where we hire a hoist for delivery to the cabin, but can’t seem to be able to find a service like this in Denmark. Has anyone hired one before in Copenhagen and might have the details of who offers this ? We sail very soon but would probably have to cancel without this piece of equipment as my husband can’t transfer out of his wheelchair without help. I have emailed the Accessible Copenhagen organisation to ask for some help too but everyone else I’ve contacted only offers scooters or wheelchairs so am now at a loss.

Any help greatly appreciated 

Thanks! 

Try ScootAround.com and SpecialNeedsatSea.com.   Although based in the US, they rent equipment worldwide (they have partner companies in other countries).  Both companies rent lifts/hoists.  And Special Needs at Sea specifically lists Copenhagen as one of the cruise ports they serve. 

And if you haven't already done so, contact Royal Caribbean's Access Department to let them know you will be bringing (or renting) medical equipment.   Access Department (866) 592-7225,  or send an e-mail to special_needs@rccl.com

Scootaround (formerly CareVacations)
Phone: 888-441-7575
Local: 204-982-0657
Fax: 204-478-1172
E-mail: info@scootaround.com

Special Needs at Sea
Phone: 800-513-4515
Local: 954-585-0575 
Fax: 800-513-4516
E-mail: info@specialneedsgroup.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi kokopelli-az , and thank you for your recommendation. I wouldn’t have thought to try an American company !

I have received a quote from Special Needs at Seas , which offers a patient lifter / hoist , if anyone else is searching, however the quote was sadly out of our budget so in the end we went with a local company direct ( who could well be who they contract with anyway ). 

Many thanks for your help, it was very reassuring to know there is someone out there proving this service so that we can consider holidaying a bit further afield than usual. 

• 8 months later...