Flight too early?

Cinnamon2

I know that Carnival recommends flights leaving no earlier than noon 1:00 after debarkation........We are cruising on the Spirit out of Miami in December and we each had JetBlue non-stop flights at 4:25 p.m. from Ft. Lauderdale to Albany; plenty of time, right?  Well JetBlue just notified us that our flight was changed and now leaves FLL at 11:30 the day we get back to Miami.  There are no other direct flights.  Do you think we can make it from port of Miami to FLL airport for the 11:30 a.m. flight?  Opinions please . . . we can cancel or reschedule BUT nothing is very convenient and nowhere as perfect as our original plan.

Let guest services know you have an early flight, they should let you get off the ship right after platinum/diamond cruisers, especially if you self-assist (carry your own luggage off). You will easily be off the ship and at the airport by 8AM if you hustle.

Thank you all for your answers; makes me feel better.  We should try it - worst case we are stuck in Miami an extra day or two, right?  I do have a memory of my first cruise on the Spirit 20 years ago and not getting off the ship until about 10:30 after waiting in lines for a couple of hours.  I think Carnival has improved their debarkation procedure since those days.  

9 minutes ago, Cinnamon2 said:

Thank you all for your answers; makes me feel better.  We should try it - worst case we are stuck in Miami an extra day or two, right?  I do have a memory of my first cruise on the Spirit 20 years ago and not getting off the ship until about 10:30 after waiting in lines for a couple of hours.  I think Carnival has improved their debarkation procedure since those days.  

I mean it is possible that the ship arrives late. It is very rare but it does happen - just happened to the Glory in NOLA today or yesterday, was reported on here. Not sure why in that case.

You can't prepare for every eventuality or you'd never even crawl out of bed in the morning. I'd feel comfortable with your plan if it were my trip.

42 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

I think it’s totally do-able just make sure you walk off with your luggage and have transportation arranged to pick you up.

Should be plenty of Ubers.  We had one in 4 minutes.  Btw, you should be fine any day of the week but for Horizon it was Sunday and zero traffic up to FLL. 

Anything can happen but I think you are good. Obviously self disembark at the earliest possible opportunity. Talking w Guest Services and mentioning that JetBlue made the last minute change is a great idea.

Edited by jsglow