Taking a Covid test very early 3 days before....

Velvetwater

Hi

We are due to cruise out of NOLA in the Sunday and fly out for our 7 day cruise on the Thursday.

We have a direct flight that leaves London at 4pm in the afternoon.

We have just found out there is a covid testing place by the airport and it offers tests all day.

If we booked a mid day test in London at 12 would this count as our pre cruise test? It would be taken at 6am  NOLA time. That's still 3 days right?

Thank you 

Edited by Velvetwater

to clarify take out all your time references and the question becomes can i test on Thursday for a Sunday cruise and the answer is yes as that is within 3 days. We land in UK on Thursday for our Sunday cruise and we will test after we get to the hotel on Thursday.

Carnivals example is "if you sail on Saturday you can test Wednesday" so just move the days and it becomes if you sail on Sunday you can test on Thursday.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Velvetwater said:

It's not 72 hours though...it's 77.

For our cruise in April we took tests at midnight. It was over 72 hours but all they care about is the day it was taken and the result. 

Carnival recently updated the testing requirements for cruises longer than 6 days. It looks like only PCR tests can be taken 3 days in advance. Antigen tests have to be taken 2 days in advance. At least for Bermuda and Canada. It doesn't clearly say for Bahamas and Grand Cayman.

From the website: * BAHAMAS, BERMUDA, CANADA, AND GRAND CAYMAN: Pre-cruise testing requirements remain in place for ALL guests on ALL itineraries which include Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, and Grand Cayman. Fully vaccinated guests traveling to Bermuda and Canada can take either a PCR test within 72 hours prior to sailing, or an antigen test no earlier than two days prior to sailing, in order to comply with destination regulations.

Edited by JessieMae

40 minutes ago, southbayer said:

Yeah but what if you take it two days before... what what if there is a delay in results getting to you.. can you take the quickie results in two ours instead of the lab one which takes 1-2 days ?

It says you can take the antigen test (quickie) 2 days before. 👍🏻

On 8/2/2022 at 1:55 AM, Velvetwater said:

Hi

We are due to cruise out of NOLA in the Sunday and fly out for our 7 day cruise on the Thursday.

We have a direct flight that leaves London at 4pm in the afternoon.

We have just found out there is a covid testing place by the airport and it offers tests all day.

If we booked a mid day test in London at 12 would this count as our pre cruise test? It would be taken at 6am  NOLA time. That's still 3 days right?

Thank you 

Do the online test from home. Easy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 6aces said:

Do the online test from home. Easy

Not when you are flying from the UK to NOLA 3 days early and leaving the house at 6am for your flight. Most US kit places won't let you order without a US address or so t ship to your hotel.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Velvetwater said:

Not when you are flying from the UK to NOLA 3 days early and leaving the house at 6am for your flight. Most US kit places won't let you order without a US address or so t ship to your hotel.

They don't have online tests in the uK?

26 minutes ago, Velvetwater said:

They let you bring your own test and will do a virtual session.

https://onpoint-testing.com/

• Like 1

UK does but it's about getting a test here that is also accepted in the US. I'm also flying out just before the 3 days so can't do it in my house.

We booked with Qured in the end as they are used both sides I the pond and are fda approved. Scheduled pm here but am in LA.

I think when you don't live in the USA it's hard to appreciate the ache it is making sure your test is approved and which sites will accept your location etc.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Velvetwater said:

I think when you don't live in the USA it's hard to appreciate the ache it is making sure your test is approved and which sites will accept your location etc.

Oh, I don't know. We are flying to England for a cruise later this month. At least we no longer have to test before flying home.