my complaint with the cruise critics party

moorefunn

Thanks Lois!

The strange thing is if these had been "complete" strangers we would have asked to move to another table. But you kind of feel awkward to do that...as if you knew each other before.

We have acruise coming up during March. Eventhough I read the Roll Call thread, I have not been on it. They all seem very nice...and are making plans for many parties and are organizing tours together. I have signed up for the Connections Party and will meet everyone then. I just don't want to make any pre-arrangements and then feel an obligation.

I really love meeting new people. That is what a lot of the cruise is about for me. Yet, once bitten twice shy.

Does this make sense to you?

Hi DMK :)

It makes a lot of sense to me. That is why I would be reluctant to make plans to eat dinner every night with people that I only know from a message board roll call. When you meet people at a cruise critic party, without any other commitments, you then have the flexibility to decide if you enjoy each others company and want to spend time together during your cruise.

Where in Pittsburgh, that's where we live, too! We really enjoy meeting people but really like the Princess Anytime Dining to have a meal with CC friends. You never know how you'll connect. Of course we all take a chance in Traditional with table mates. We have enjoyed some so much that we booked another cruise together. That is really wonderful.

9:30 am is not awfully early, it is almost mid-morning! Of course, sleeping until 6:30 am is sleeping in for me, I'm typically up by 4:30 am :eek: . I prefer the morning meeting, so I don't have to worry about time the rest of the day.

Ok, now as a person who feels she is loosing precious sun time when they are at 10:00 or later I would much prefer the 9:30 time. I slept through the last one at 10:30 because I was asleep outside on the deck. But then again, after staying out until 4 in the morning, I get up around 8 to go lay outside in the sun - because I dont have that at home in December. So I guess everyone has their own opinion. I do think that a predinner party would be a nice idea though

We missed most of our CC party because the invitation was put on the door while we were at breakfast. It was only by chance that we happened to go back to our cabin as it was our first day at sea and we were taking a tour of the ship. We rushed to the party but it was just winding down. Oh well...

Century 2/18. We never received notice of the CC party untill the day following the event. Also, Celebrity does not send an invitation to the Captians Club party anymor. If you miss the notice in the Daily, you are out of luck.

Hi, Heidi...when did that start?...or stop?

We received invitations to the Capt's Cocktail party last month

on Zenith. A bunch of us attended and it was quite nice:)

quote:

"Also, Celebrity does not send an invitation to the Captians Club party anymor. If you miss the notice in the Daily, you are out of luck."

Here is my complaint re the CC party:

1. no notice in our room on the first evening aboard, as noted in our e mail from CC

2. in checking at the desk the next morning (around 11:00 am) the woman at the desk told me the party was over, that it started at 9:30 am that day.

No one received notices, and nothing in the daily.

3. finally, the party was arranged (after several complaints by CC'ers) two days later for 11:00 am at the Bar at the Edge.

4. the CD (Stewart) did not show up until the end of the hour, WE had to take charge and make introductions etc. Name tags and pins magically appeared at the end of the hour too.

I will say, though, that a lovely table with coffee, tea and pastries was set up in the Bar at the Edge where the function was held.

We were on the Summit, 1-29 Hawaii RT.

We're just back from the Constellation on a b2b. The first week, I received our invitation and noted time and place. I went when I thought it was and could not find anyone. Went to Guest Relations and was told that it was over as it had started at 10:00 not 10:30. Since no one was in Michael's Club, I figured that no one or just a couple showed up.

Since I was doing a b2b, I received my invite to the second one and made sure that I was there at 9:30:mad:. Finally, 8 of us, total, showed up but only because I'd mentioned in the roll call that it was usually the morning after sailing. And, none of the people had received an invitation. After we met and talked for awhile, I decided to talk with the Events coordinator, Kim, who made sure that we had another party the next day and personally delivered everyone's invitation. That time, we had a group of about 40 and made many new friends.:p

I should mention that on the first week of our cruise, our sea day was not until Friday of the following week, and I imagine that many people wanted to go onshore early on St. Martin. When you have a port intesive itinerary, I would imagine that it's difficult to find a "good" time for a CC party. I don't know the answer to that.

I really love meeting new people. That is what a lot of the cruise is about for me. Yet, once bitten twice shy.

Does this make sense to you?]

Yes .... it's always a gamble when you make plans with people that you don't know, but I think for most people it works out.

But there are always exceptions and if I had been in your shoes, I think I would have bailed out on the dinner companions .... I don't think I could ever feel that obligated to strangers to suffer through every dinner of my cruise with them if I felt that the situation was a disaster:)

You are quite right, Susan. When we returned from our cruise, we realized that we should have changed tables. Well, it was the first time that had ever happened and for sure, never again.

our first cruise we changed tables and we didnt know the people at all ( hadnt heard of CC at that time ) and i still felt so guilty. So i understand how difficult it would be for you.

But, its still your vacation

I still say take the risk and meet your fellow CCers, at least on Roll Call, that way you can get a head start on some great friendships and allot of fun.

Enjoy your cruise

Nadine

Archived