Cabin number assignment on Gty cabin

Hi, we're on a B2B on Explorer next Sep/Oct 2023. We booked guarantee junior suites for both weeks and when I checked my cruise planner earlier it now shows suite numbers assigned for both cruises on deck 10, the second week's suite is about 8 doors away from the first week's. My question is, now that suite numbers have been assigned will they stay as those suites or could they change? It seems very early to already be assigned the rooms.

6 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We’ve often booked guaranteed staterooms and been assigned early after they been assigned never been changed.

I’d keep an eye on the staterooms to see if either opens up so you could perhaps then change staterooms to stay in the same one both weeks.

I rang my TA today to get them to ask RCI if it was possible to change one of the cabins so that we're in the same one for both weeks. RCI said we can't do that as we booked gty cabins only. I don't know whether this is because it's a UK booking, changes without penalty are difficult when you book in the UK.

2 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

Could we ask at Guest Services when we first board if we can move cabins if the same number is available for both weeks?

You can ask but odds are really, really low.  Personally, I would not waste time or mental energy on the idea.   Changing cabins is not difficult; the stewards do a lot of the work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

I rang my TA today to get them to ask RCI if it was possible to change one of the cabins so that we're in the same one for both weeks. RCI said we can't do that as we booked gty cabins only. I don't know whether this is because it's a UK booking, changes without penalty are difficult when you book in the UK.

I’d ask your travel agent to keep trying.

We normally book direct with Royal and have been able to switch staterooms on b2b when they’ve been different as long as they were the same grade.

• Thanks 1