VIFP account problems need help

cruisinqt

Okay so my husband is having this weird problem. When he goes to carnival and enters his username and password it takes him to his account except the VIFP number associated with this account isn’t the one we’ve always used for him when cruising. But it’s his account and uses his name and email (which is very unusual). When he clicks on the VIFP page no deals pop up with the VIFP number associated with this account. But when he changes it to the VIFP number we’ve always used, all of his great deals pops up. We just can’t figure out how to change the account associated with his name to the correct VIFP number. Just a little background info, we’ve been cruising with carnival for over 20 years and I’ve always booked and handled everything. He never goes onto carnival. I’m thinking maybe this was an account he created ages ago and forgot. And maybe there’s a newer account with a different username and password that is attached to the VIFP we’ve always used and are familiar with. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this without contacting carnival and being on hold for hours?

5 minutes ago, cruisinqt said:

Okay so my husband is having this weird problem. When he goes to carnival and enters his username and password it takes him to his account except the VIFP number associated with this account isn’t the one we’ve always used for him when cruising. But it’s his account and uses his name and email (which is very unusual). When he clicks on the VIFP page no deals pop up with the VIFP number associated with this account. But when he changes it to the VIFP number we’ve always used, all of his great deals pops up. We just can’t figure out how to change the account associated with his name to the correct VIFP number. Just a little background info, we’ve been cruising with carnival for over 20 years and I’ve always booked and handled everything. He never goes onto carnival. I’m thinking maybe this was an account he created ages ago and forgot. And maybe there’s a newer account with a different username and password that is attached to the VIFP we’ve always used and are familiar with. Anyone have any idea on how to fix this without contacting carnival and being on hold for hours?

It's possible he has 2 VIFP numbers. It happened to me. I was automatically assigned one when I made our booking back in 2019. Not knowing any different, I signed up for another VIFP number. I was looking at my VIFP points on my new one, and immediately learned my original cruise I took, was not credited to my account. I had to call Carnival to get the newer one deleted, and then all was right with the world.  

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

It's possible he has 2 VIFP numbers. It happened to me. I was automatically assigned one when I made our booking back in 2019. Not knowing any different, I signed up for another VIFP number. I was looking at my VIFP points on my new one, and immediately learned my original cruise I took, was not credited to my account. I had to call Carnival to get the newer one deleted, and then all was right with the world.  

Well crap that’s what I’m worried about. I don’t really want to have to call them and sit on the phone forever but it looks like I may have to. I was hoping for a quick fix online. Thanks for your input. 

1 minute ago, cruisinqt said:

Well crap that’s what I’m worried about. I don’t really want to have to call them and sit on the phone forever but it looks like I may have to. I was hoping for a quick fix online. Thanks for your input. 

No prob. And I think that's you only solution, to get it sorted out. Good luck! 

• Like 1

You could go to Carnival and do a mock booking,  then there is a forgot VIFP number where you can input name and birthdate. You can see what number comes up and if it is different than the one he is logging in to now. You will surely need to contact Carnival regardless though.

Edited by n6uqqq

14 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

You could go to Carnival and do a mock booking,  then there is a forgot VIFP number where you can input name and birthdate. You can see what number comes up and if it is different than the one he is logging in to now. You will surely need to contact Carnival regardless though.

Thanks I’ll try that 

10 hours ago, cruisinqt said:

Thanks I’ll try that 

Sounds like he ended up with 2 account numbers somehow over the years.  Call Carnival and they can combine them so it won't matter which account comes up or he books under he will get credit.  Calls right now aren't really taking that long... had to call them twice in the last week and it was like maybe a 10 minute hold the one time, and 5 the next.

• Like 1