On recent Bella bookings, what did you book and what did you get?

Stockjock

Last month I booked 2 cabins for a December Seashore sailing, did interior bella as we needed the cheapest fare with drinks and wifi. Never noticed when they assigned our cabin but I got the upgrade email, I looked into it to see how much would it be when I realized they gave us a deluxe balcony on deck 14; I’m quite happy! $1400 for 2 people with wifi and drinks on a balcony I think it’s a great deal. 

This is really only my second time with MSC, first one was the Seaside in 2018 and the same thing happened, booked Bella interior, got a balcony. The booking showed Fantastica in some places and Bella in others, back then they were doing the drink vouchers, but we ended up getting just the Bella which was ok, the upgrade was more than enough.

• Like 1

Was on Seaside twice last month and booked Bella Interior Guarantee and was upgraded to a balcony.

Going on Seashore next month, booked Bella Interior Guarantee again, and was upgrade to a balcony once again.

• 3 weeks later...

Booked two Bella inside guarantee cabins. We were assigned two Fantasica Jr. Balcony cabins with sequential numbers (nearby, but across the ship). We did not bother to bid on an upgrade as we are perfectly happy with what we were assigned. MSC Magnifica, Dec 2023 sailing. 

• 3 weeks later...

We booked an inside guarantee last week for Feb B2B and received email upgrade to balcony this morning. We have to move, across the hall for 4 nighter, but not a problem. First time on MSC and have low expectations, but who cares…we are extremely laid back no-fuss cruisers. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PatandStu said:

I was hoping to get an upgrade, but with 3 weeks to sailing, I’m still showing the same interior cabin on my edocs. I bought Bella, and I’m ok with the cabin location, but had high hopes for an upgrade. 

Upgrades don't always happen, but they still could.  I think the odds of a free upgrade are higher on MSC versus any other cruise lines that I'm familiar with.

I was hoping to get an upgrade, but with 3 weeks to sailing, I’m still showing the same interior cabin on my edocs. I bought Bella, and I’m ok with the cabin location, but had high hopes for an upgrade. 

On 12/24/2023 at 11:55 AM, Stockjock said:

Upgrades don't always happen, but they still could.  I think the odds of a free upgrade are higher on MSC versus any other cruise lines that I'm familiar with.

Any idea if MSC favours previous clients with the free upgrades? Is there any hope for a first time customer? 

On 8/3/2022 at 10:33 AM, cruiseguyinorl said:

That was correct. Wasn't uncommon for Bella Interior to receive a balcony. However, haven't seen any comp upgrades for my clients in many months.

Bret

booked bella cheapest interterior got free upgrade to obstructed oceanview. although, from a chart website it looks like a small obstruction. and we are 1st time msc and only booked thansgiving  for jan15