Confused about testing day

envy4u

We are embarking on the Regal Princess on Saturday August 27 for 15 nights in Athens.  Can I get a rapid antigen test in London on Wed. August 24? Or do I need a PCR? 

Edited by envy4u

**For cruises embarking in Greece: The Greek government requires guests to take a PCR test within 3 days of embarkation or an Antigen test within 2 days of embarkation.

Edited by cboyle
More complete information given by LACruiser88
  • Like 1

From Princess web site:

Based on current European Union Healthy Gateways (EUHG) guidelines, to board the ship, all guests ages five years and above will require a medically observed, negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) result taken within three days of embarkation. These protocols are subject to change and we’ll communicate any updates as they become available. Current testing requirements are as follows:

Vaccination Status

European Union Healthy Gateways Guideline

Pre-Travel Test-Type

When to Take Test Before Boarding

Fully Vaccinated (ages 18 years old and above)

At least 14 days past completion of a primary vaccine series and no more than 270 days (9 months) from the date of disembarkation since receiving the last dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine. A booster dose is required for guests 18 and older if the last COVID-19 vaccine dose in series is older than 9 months (270 days) from the date of disembarkation.

Antigen or PCR

Within 3 days*

Fully Vaccinated (ages five to 17 years old)

Received primary series of COVID-19 vaccines with final dose at least 14 days before embarkation.

Antigen or PCR

Within 3 days*

Not Fully Vaccinated

Either not up to date or has not received a complete COVID-19 vaccine series.

PCR

Within 3 days*

*For cruises embarking in Greece: The Greek government requires guests to take a PCR test within 3 days of embarkation or an Antigen test within 2 days of embarkation.

We recommend guests take a medically observed viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) prior to leaving home to avoid queues and travel disruptions associated with a possible positive result on the day of embarkation. We understand that this may not be possible based on your travel plans. For fully vaccinated guests, we will be able to provide a limited number of antigen tests that meet our requirements, at or near the terminal. For those that wish to take advantage of this convenience, a fee of $60 USD per person will apply as a stateroom folio charge to cover our internal costs.

For fully vaccinated guests who can show proof of testing within the three-day window but did not receive their test results back in time, Princess will provide complimentary testing at or near the terminal on the day of your cruise departure.

All guests ages 12 and above that have been approved for a vaccination exemption, as well as unvaccinated children ages five to 11 years old, will need an embarkation day COVID-19 test performed at the terminal in addition to the pre-cruise PCR test noted in the chart above. Charges may apply.

We understand that it may be difficult to find testing that can provide results within a tight turnaround. Accordingly, if guests do not receive their test results in time or are unable to find a testing location, Princess will provide complimentary testing at the terminal.

Guests who travel internationally should always ensure they understand all entry and airlines requirements to travel from their home country and the destinations they plan to visit, including where health authorities may require pre-travel PCR COVID-19 testing to enter a country. Details continue to be updated regularly; official websites and apps developed by government agencies and tourism ministries are the recommended resources.

I board the Regal next Saturday 8/13 in Barcelona.  I know I can test on Wednesday 8/10, but I am planning on testing back in the US as we leave that evening.  Does the time difference matter?  If I test at 9am in NYC, it will be 3pm in Barcelona.  Is that fine?

I have read so many threads.  I can't figure out if the time you take test makes any difference.  The ship leaves Barcelona at 10pm local time.

Thanks in advance for any help offered 🙂

25 minutes ago, CrownCruiserKK said:

I board the Regal next Saturday 8/13 in Barcelona.  I know I can test on Wednesday 8/10, but I am planning on testing back in the US as we leave that evening.  Does the time difference matter?  If I test at 9am in NYC, it will be 3pm in Barcelona.  Is that fine?

I have read so many threads.  I can't figure out if the time you take test makes any difference.  The ship leaves Barcelona at 10pm local time.

Thanks in advance for any help offered 🙂

Thanks for highjacking my thread 

3 minutes ago, envy4u said:

Thanks for highjacking my thread 

No problem.  Your question was asked and answered.  You can test Wednesday 8/24 in London.  My question is a similar one. I didn't want to make a new post and irritate people, but clearly someone is always irritated.  Have a beautiful cruise from Athens!

3 minutes ago, CrownCruiserKK said:

No problem.  Your question was asked and answered.  You can test Wednesday 8/24 in London.  My question is a similar one. I didn't want to make a new post and irritate people, but clearly someone is always irritated.  Have a beautiful cruise from Athens!

Not irritated at all. You have a beautiful cruise from Barcelona too!