Are aft-facing balconies on the Joy larger on some of the decks? (Not asking about the interior space)

Turtles06

We've sailed many times on NCL, but never on a Breakaway+ class ship.  Regarding the aft-facing balcony cabins on the Joy, I'm trying to find out whether the balconies themselves [not the cabin interiors] are larger on some of the decks, and, if so, which ones.  (I know that's the case on the Breakaway.)   I've done a search, but the search terms are too common to yield reasonable results. 

Thanks for any information! 

On the Breakaway the larger balconies were all for the handicap accessible rooms.  We had one because we booked a month out and that was all that was left for aft balconies.  Other than that they all looked to be the same size, other than the Haven afts.

3 minutes ago, SimplyAlbert said:

Other than that they all looked to be the same size, other than the Haven afts.

There are huge differences in depth for the aft-facing balconies depending on deck as well as differences in width for balconies on the same deck. For BA/GA, the difference is larger between the deepest and the least deep. For Escape/Joy/Bliss/Encore, there is still a difference between the deepest and the least deep but the difference is less. In either class, deck 9 is the deepest and deck 13 is the least deep. 

@Two Wheels Only -- thanks so much for that thread!  Exactly the info I was looking for (ranking the decks); the videos were helpful too. 

On Deck 12  -- any reason not to book 12358?   (It's the only B1 available on that deck for the sailing we are considering.)

Really appreciate your help.  

31 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

On Deck 12  -- any reason not to book 12358?   (It's the only B1 available on that deck for the sailing we are considering.)

12358/12958 would be my first choice for a B1 on Joy. I prefer deck 12 over deck 9 even though deck 9 is slightly deeper. The view (IMO) is better. Also, I prefer the bed near the balcony which is what those 2 have. In addition, the B1s next to a Haven suite have good side view since the Haven balcony is curved away from your line of sight.

4 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

12358/12958 would be my first choice for a B1 on Joy. I prefer deck 12 over deck 9 even though deck 9 is slightly deeper. The view (IMO) is better. Also, I prefer the bed near the balcony which is what those 2 have. In addition, the B1s next to a Haven suite have good side view since the Haven balcony is curved away from your line of sight.

Thanks again, you've been a huge help.   

The interior looks very much like the aft-facing B1 we had on the Breakaway, and I definitely preferred having the bed near the balcony.  (I will say though that there was the least amount of space between the bed and the balcony slider that I've ever encountered!  🙂 )

44 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

The interior looks very much like the aft-facing B1 we had on the Breakaway...

They are basically identical as far as BA vs. BA+.  The sofa bed and some other furniture is different but they are mostly similar. I have a list with the bed locations if you can't get the one on deck 12 and have to select another deck. The ones with the bed near the closet also have a slightly more narrow balcony. 

• Thanks 1

@duckey.l  thanks for the video, very helpful!   

Question: when you were on your balcony, or in your stateroom with the balcony doors closed, could you hear music from Spice H2O?   Anything bothersome there?    (I ask because I was surprised to hear music from Spice H20 on the Breakaway  -- Deck 16-- when we were in an aft-facing balcony on Deck 12.  I realize that on the Joy Spice H20 is one deck higher, Deck 17.)

I'll tag @Two Wheels Only as well to ask the same question.   And anyone else with info.  Thanks so much!    

15 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

With the door closed and sealed, Spice H2O was not a problem at night. If you are outside, you'll hear the noise.

I'll be on deck 15, so should hear it well.  I'll just consider it part of the ambiance.  🥳  We're really looking forward to experiencing an aft balcony.