On Board Credit Question

roomba920

Does anyone here know how NCL handles unspent balances of on board credit?

We've only cruised with Princess before, and they mail you the balance in a check about a month after the cruise.

Edited by roomba920

Hi

If it is refundable credit, you need to go to the cashier or service desk and collect it in US cash. I would recommend collecting it before the last night/day and if necessary, going into debit as the queues are terrible on the last night and morning.

If it is non-refundable credit, you need to spend it!

Check which it is, as a lot of credit is only for use onboard.

We ended up with some refundable credit as a prepaid excursion was cancelled. I used my non-refundable credit to pay for a new excursion and the prepaid credit was refunded, but I had to ensure they used it that way.

On our Star cruise last month the Greenland portion of the itinerary was cancelled and we diverted to Norway instead. All of our Greenland NCL excursions were cancelled and refunded to our onboard account as refundable credit. I asked if that was going back on our credit card at end of cruise, they said no, we'll get cash.

Did a little shopping, bought some CNs. As we were disembarking I got flagged as go to Accounts. We had some credit left and they want to give it to us so we got $75.13 cash in US currency.

They'd set up a desk/table next to the gangway (mid ship) for Accounts so people could go there instead of having to go to Guest Services on different deck. There was a till on the desk, with cash to give out to pax.

We were on the Encore in February...had a $50 non-refundable credit from the TA....we cancelled an excursion on board that was pre-paid before we sailed and was given a refundable credit. When we purchased extras like drinks, go-karts etc they took it from the non-refundable credit. Daily gratuities were taken from the refundable credit. Of course at the end we still over spent 🤑

I did won 400 bucks at the Deal or no Deal show, my running bill wasn't that high so i went to service desk and they gave me the balance in cash.  Watch out though is that when they do that they close your running bill (so you can't add anything else to it), so i would make sure to do this on the very last night.