Nassau excursion question (also Orlando)

tagpsu

Looking for ideas for a Nassau shore excursion for our cruise in March 2023 (besides staying on the ship). We have been to Nassau/Paradise Island many times over the years, so we have done all the touristy things. In December 2019, we went to Blue Lagoon Island and swam with the dolphins. That was great. We could go back there and do the sea lion encounter this time. However, we were wondering about other excursions. Many years ago, we honeymooned on Paradise Island. I recall we did a trip to an island and had beach time and a lunch, including unlimited Yellowbirds. They were really good; of course we were young then LOL. We drank Yellowbirds on Blue Lagoon Island in 2019. Anyway, we thought about the excursion to Cable Beach or Balmoral. Are there any excursions we aren't thinking of that we should do? Or maybe something on our own we should consider?

Also, any idea why they are showing only 1 excursion for Orlando/Port Canaveral? Maybe they will add more later?

Thanks in advance.

We went on our own, made reservations and walked ~1 mile to Ardastra Gardens, a nice little zoo.  It was a very pleasant walk and there were plenty of places to eat, including a food truck area near Junkanoo Beach.  It was about 4 hours total.

https://www.google.com/search?gs_ssp=eJzj4tLP1TcwNclOKswzYLRSNaiwsDRKM08xMkuxMDA2skhJsjKoME0yNrcwMjU3S0q1MDU1sfQSSCxKSSwuKUpUSAeyUvOKAY-SFA0&q=ardastra+gardens&rlz=1C1GCEA_enUS954US954&oq=ardast&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j46i175i199i512j0i512l2j0i10i512j0i512.3094j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

In July we did the Pearl Island excursion and it was really nice. Like you, we had previously done several other excursions in Nassau, and we are not stay on the ship people when there is beach to be enjoyed.  Pearl island included lunch and we also opted for the snorkeling, which was really very good and a trip highlight for some. There is a pretty lighthouse to be explored with great photo opts, and the beach area had kayaks and paddle boards for use. Loungers and chairs were plentiful on the island, and we enjoyed the shuttle boat. On the return to the port, the crew entertained us with tales on who lives in which mansion. It was a really pleasant way for our family to spend the day, and our group included from 17 to 73.

36 minutes ago, TKATeacher said:

In July we did the Pearl Island excursion and it was really nice. Like you, we had previously done several other excursions in Nassau, and we are not stay on the ship people when there is beach to be enjoyed.  Pearl island included lunch and we also opted for the snorkeling, which was really very good and a trip highlight for some. There is a pretty lighthouse to be explored with great photo opts, and the beach area had kayaks and paddle boards for use. Loungers and chairs were plentiful on the island, and we enjoyed the shuttle boat. On the return to the port, the crew entertained us with tales on who lives in which mansion. It was a really pleasant way for our family to spend the day, and our group included from 17 to 73.

We did the same last September and really enjoyed the day.  We were told we were the first group since the restart and the staff couldn’t have been nicer. 

Cabana on Balmoral was great before covid.  Bottle of sparkling, big lunches, great service.  People do walk in front of them since pool is open to anyone, but we really enjoyed it.  Booked through shoreexcursioneer or shoreexcursionsgroup.  Otherwise you have to buy on the island.