Disability Friendly Shore Excursions: Mexican Riviera

sde1960

My husband & I will be cruising the Mexican Riviera in July 2023; celebrating our 40th anniversary. I am fully disabled and will be using a mobility scooter. There are no 'wheelchair friendly' shore excursions at all (Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan). Can anyone recommend any options?

You are correct.  I just looked at Carnival's wheelchair accessible shore excursions page and there are none listed for Mexico.   But just because a tour is wheelchair accessible does not mean the transportation has a lift for motorized wheelchairs or scooters that require a lift.  Can you fold up your scooter so the transportation can accommodate it?

When it gets closer to your cruise, I would contact Carnival's Shore Excursion Dept and their Access Department and inquire whether or not there will be any accessible tours that can accommodate a scooter.   (And if you need a vehicle with a lift, make sure they know this.)

If you haven't already seen it, here is a link with some information.  At the bottom of the page, it also tells how to contact the Shore Excursion Dept and Access Dept.

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs/shore-excursions

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I actually did contact the special needs department, and they confirmed that there is nothing available through Carnival at this time. We're on our own. I'm hoping that there might be another traveler who has found a 'hidden gem'.