Paris tours

KathyJ

Just wanted to thank everyone who has responded with suggestions for our short visit to Paris. We have read all the suggestions and went into this with the realization that we will need a much longer time in Paris to really see and experience the city.  We have tentatively planned to follow a path roughly like the route @DGHOCsuggested and possibly take the Batobus suggested by @formernuke.  Mostly we are hoping to do a little walking after the long bus ride to get to Paris and will definitely set aside a little time to sit and enjoy a coffee or glass of wine while soaking in a little of the vibe of Paris.  We are going to do less rather than kill ourselves trying to see everything.   

Any further suggestions are certainly welcome.  Thanks everyone for the input

• Like 3

The Batobus is a very relaxing way to get from point to point. We enjoyed it very much.  But translate “relaxing” into “very slow”!  If you use it, be sure to allow plenty of time to get back to the pick up point.  I’d recommend you get Rick Steve’s Pocket Paris primarily for the maps, ideas for short walks and practical advice like finding the nearest toilette!

• Like 2

Just got home…we were in Paris on 8/3 & 8/4…it was VERY hot…but then, so is Atlanta…we did an excursion to Montmartre ….just loved it! I’ve been to Paris in the past, so I was fortunate that I had already seen the Eiffel Tower (before they closed off the gardens surrounding the base) and I’ve spent 2 days at museums… the tour of Montmartre Hill was a really good experience…I actually was able to buy a small oil painting from an artist that was painting (another picture) right in front of me! 

I highly recommend this one…the views to downtown Paris are spectacular!

• Like 1