Medallion.net is useless!

sp2

Little to no internet access all day while in port at Quebec City on Caribbean Princess. App is useless. Can’t even check when our dinner reservation is tonight. Frustrated. 

A trick that (for us) provided better app responsiveness...we accidentally discovered this last week on Discovery Princess 7-day Alaska trip at the fringes of MedallionNet coverage.

Once we were onboard the ship, we logged out of the app, and logged back in using our Booking number (instead of e-mail address). Not confirmed by Princess, but it seems like the ship's computers can locally authenticate your device when using the booking number, where authenticating with e-mail address involves continual communications across the satellite network to Princess' land-based network.  We had five folks in our travel group, and all switched to login-via-booking#.  We all noticed the app responded much faster when displaying JourneyView, looking at meal menus and ordering drinks.  It was also the only way we could get Travel Companion Chat to work...when everyone was logging into the App the same way.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, BuffpilCruising said:

A trick that (for us) provided better app responsiveness...we accidentally discovered this last week on Discovery Princess 7-day Alaska trip at the fringes of MedallionNet coverage.

Once we were onboard the ship, we logged out of the app, and logged back in using our Booking number (instead of e-mail address). Not confirmed by Princess, but it seems like the ship's computers can locally authenticate your device when using the booking number, where authenticating with e-mail address involves continual communications across the satellite network to Princess' land-based network.  We had five folks in our travel group, and all switched to login-via-booking#.  We all noticed the app responded much faster when displaying JourneyView, looking at meal menus and ordering drinks.  It was also the only way we could get Travel Companion Chat to work...when everyone was logging into the App the same way.  

Thank you so much! That worked! I’m in!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sp2 said:

Little to no internet access all day while in port at Quebec City on Caribbean Princess. App is useless. Can’t even check when our dinner reservation is tonight. Frustrated. 

Are you having difficulties with Medallion Net (INTERnet) wi-fi or using the Medallion Class app (INTRAnet)?

I had issues with the Medallion Class App (INTRAnet) until the kind kiosk onboard made me a hot button.  They went to:

nameofship.princess.com

example:  grand.princess.com

Don't ask me what they did, but it fixed everything on the app so I could see my onboard folio, improved patter, messaging crew and cabin mate, etc.