New QM2 Shops in 2022?

DrGonzo

On our last (pre-pandemic) crossing the QM2 shops had watch brands such as Tag Heuer, Cartier and Omega. Is this still the case? Are there any other brands, for either watches or other goods, that are new to the QM2 in 2022?  We are on the TA crossing at the end of this month.

Thanks! 

As a shopper, I, too, wanted to know what was available on board.  There is a larger jewelry and watch shop that has a lot of diverse brands, including those you mention. There is a Roberto Coin specialty jewelry store. There is a larger shop that sells clothes, trinkets, Cunard souvenirs, etc.  There is also a store with alcohol, and one with make-up. The library has a shop that sells books, cards and some smaller items. I can usually find jewelry and watches at better prices in the US, so I did not indulge, although I did enjoy looking!

I'm afraid Cunard shopping arcades don't do very well out of me.

I wouldn't dream of making an expensive [$$$$s] purchase onboard as I think you'd get a better deal 'at home' and the only time I've shopped onboard is when I had a lot of OBC to get rid of and I bought out their range of Aspinal  large flat pouches.

16 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

I'm afraid Cunard shopping arcades don't do very well out of me.

I wouldn't dream of making an expensive [$$$$s] purchase onboard as I think you'd get a better deal 'at home' and the only time I've shopped onboard is when I had a lot of OBC to get rid of and I bought out their range of Aspinal  large flat pouches.

I also find its buyer beware - I stopped such purchases early into the cruise as twice I bought something then later in the cruise is was a “x% off brand  xyz” and i was Grrr should have waited.

Last cruise I wanted a pair of Cunard cufflinks. I waited and waited then day 9 of the 10 day cruise it was “25% off all Cunard merchandise” so I bought them that day

4 minutes ago, Craigrlewis said:

I also find its buyer beware - I stopped such purchases early into the cruise as twice I bought something then later in the cruise is was a “x% off brand  xyz” and i was Grrr should have waited.

Last cruise I wanted a pair of Cunard cufflinks. I waited and waited then day 9 of the 10 day cruise it was “25% off all Cunard merchandise” so I bought them that day

Ah, Cunard memorabilia is different!   I don't call that shopping, it's the occasional necessity!!🙂

I bought a model of my beloved Victoria, 50% off as it was 'the old' style aft'! She had the most beautiful profile and I have her immortalised,  pre aft refit, in my sitting room.

Perfect.

• Like 2

I noticed they had Oris, Tissot and Cartier watches recently there were others but didn't go into the fine watches store to investigate further. In the daily programme there was a notice about "pre-loved Rolex" watches being available.

They also had "fashion" watches offerings in one of the other stores I vaguely recall Citizen was one of the brands advertised in the daily programme.

One of us being a 'Radley' fan (I quite like the wee dogs), we checked prices at start of crossing and thought they were slightly higher than my wife would pay at the Livingston Designer Outlet when she  visits friends and family in Scotland.

On day 3 a 25% off all handbags was publicised in Daily Programme, which made it worthwhile buying as they had a bag of a size and colour that suited.

It would appear that it pays to wait until late in the trip to ensure that you don't miss out on such offers, assuming there is something you actually need or want.