Who to buy insurance from if cruiseline changes cruise? Apparently cannot by cancel for any reason.

Early next year I have a 17 day MSC repositioning cruise booked from Jeddah to Venice.  They have already changed it once.

I have non refundable 1st class airfare to Kenya from Florida for a 5 day Safari staying in each of 2 lodges 1 presidential suite. Then I fly to Jeddah for a 2 night hotel stay and board the ship for now 17 nights in a Yacht club deluxe suite.

After the cruise we stay 1 night in Venice and then fly 1st class from Venice back to Florida.

If the ship changes the itinerary so much as 1 day, all my moving pieces fall apart. 

How do I insure this and thru whom? Over $20,000 worth.

I deposited cruise in June, but booked and paid for Air and Safari 3 days ago.

Steve

59 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Early next year I have a 17 day MSC repositioning cruise booked from Jeddah to Venice.  They have already changed it once.

I have non refundable 1st class airfare to Kenya from Florida for a 5 day Safari staying in each of 2 lodges 1 presidential suite. Then I fly to Jeddah for a 2 night hotel stay and board the ship for now 17 nights in a Yacht club deluxe suite.

After the cruise we stay 1 night in Venice and then fly 1st class from Venice back to Florida.

If the ship changes the itinerary so much as 1 day, all my moving pieces fall apart. 

Steve

You should contact www.TripInsuranceStore.com 

That is Steve's company... he's the person involved in this particular sub-forum.

Or you could ask more generally in the regular Travel Insurance sub-forum.

However, if were answering you there, we'd still recommend Steve!

We learned about him/his company here on CC shortly before our first major trip, and thank goodness... as we had a last minute medical emergency and we had to cancel everything with 100% penalty.

We've had several other claims, including other large ones, and all were paid promptly.

You need to double check, but I suspect that you are correct that it is too late to get CFAR coverage, which usually needs to be started shortly after the *first* payment (refundable or not).

However, the situation you are describing wouldn't seem to require CFAR coverage, although it could get complicated.  What is your reason for wanting CFAR?  Many people choose not to add that, as it is expensive.

We *do* always include CFAR, as it gives us peace of mind. None of our claims required the CFAR coverage... yet.

GC

5 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes, this is complicated.

> I have non refundable 1st class airfare to Kenya from Florida

Are these tickets changeable?

Steve Dasseos

1 hour ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi Steve,

Yes, this is complicated.

> I have non refundable 1st class airfare to Kenya from Florida

Are these tickets changeable?

Steve Dasseos

Hi Steve,

Yes they are changeable but if there is a fare difference I would need to pay it.

I actually have what I think is an error by the airline because we have business class the whole trip for $6700 total for 2 people. Lie flat seats, lounge access, the works.

The next issue is  the Presidential suites for the safari. There are only one at each lodge and they are sought after.

If I lose anything I have I don't want it.

The other issue with the air tickets is they are changeable but only with in 12 months of purchase and I purchased it for this trip. So my usage time is limited.

I don't really need cfar insurance,just insurance.

I almost thought about cancelling cruise and rebooking just to get all dates close.

Steve