Who do you think is best to book a cruise through?

RCCL, Expedia, travel agent??

I would like to be able to request a table with our other cruise couple, put in a request for an upgrade if possible (if a deal comes up on a higher suite), stuff like that.

personalized stuff.

will I get that through expedia? should I try to use an actual travel agent?

if you guys have suggestions of who to use online...feel free to pm them to me.

thanks !!

ps...we are first time cruisers and I want someone attentive. :cool:

We've always booked through online travel agents or directly with the cruiseline and have been able to do the things you've suggested. I think you're likely to get equally "personal" service either way, unless you have a TA that you've known for a long time and have a relationship with. Otherwise, for the most part, you're just another customer, regardless of whether it's an online agent or a "real" agent.

I don't think you will get alot of responses on this, because the bboard guidelines don't allow mentions of third party agencies. Not sure how strict that is, but thought I'd put it out there as a heads up.

I did use an online TA that offered a free excursion with my booking, but haven't gone on the cruise yet, so the whole experience is still up for final review. I'm sure you can't go wrong with a local agency that are cruise experts, and your very safest bet is to book directly with RCCL.

Archived