Thrill Water Park - Is It Fun For Adults?

How big is this water park? Are there lots of inner tube rides or is it just a few inner tube rides and a bunch of slides and pools?  

Are the rides/slides fun for "older" kids and middle aged adults, or is it more fun for families who have kids under the age of 15?

Are the lines long like Disney where you may only be able to try 4 or 5 things in a day, or can a person expect to access all the rides/slides they want to ride during their stay?

At $133/person, the price has never gone up or down during any of my cruise planner sales, so I assume that price is what it is. Is it worth it? How does it compare to the Disney World water parks in terms of size and rides? We've been to Blizzard Beach and had fun but weren't that impressed and wouldn't go again, so if it's similar to that, I'll avoid. But if it's better, I might try it because my kid mentioned it in a way that made me realize I may have written it off without fully considering that she might find it fun. 

I would not pay $133. If possible wait and purchase it on black Friday. I've been to Coco Cay numerous times. There are plenty of FREE things to do on the island. It finally worked out for us to purchase it on Black Friday, $40+. We'll try it out in October. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cynt said:

I would not pay $133. If possible wait and purchase it on black Friday. I've been to Coco Cay numerous times. There are plenty of FREE things to do on the island. It finally worked out for us to purchase it on Black Friday, $40+. We'll try it out in October. 

I agree $133 nearly $800 for the six of us is far to much but $40ish is a pretty good deal.

• Like 1

It's $90 per person on my date in October, and I personally don't even think it's worth it at that price... I've done it before and it's "ok." That's double the price of going to Six Flags Hurrican Harbor just 2 hours from me, and that waterpark is WAY better.

I just don't think it's worth it for adults as so much on the island is free. The various beaches, the food, the giant pool. About the only thing you get with waterpark is those few slides and the wave pool.

I have a 6, 9, and 12 year old and we are not paying for the water park passes because the kids giant splashpad and mini slides area is free to go to, and we are going to do things like snorkel. Overall, I think it's cool to have a giant waterpark in the middle of a private island , but I was pretty underwhelmed with it. Just my opinion. Also, the cruise shiips these days have waterslides.

I'd say only do it if you live far away from or have never experienced an actual water park so this is an exciting first-time thing. Otherwise, you won't exactly be blown away by it. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

If you are a fan of water parks, I highly recommended it. It has several very thrilling slides along with a bunch of slides that are on the mild slide. It also has the tallest waterslide in North America (Daredevil’s Peak), which is one of the best water slides I have been on. Overall the slides at Coco Cay are more thrilling than the slides at both Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, although I think both Disney water parks are nicer landscaping wise. However, I agree with the previous posters that recommend watching for price changes. I have been to the water park 5 times and the most I have paid is $79. Prices are usually the highest during the Summer months and around major holidays. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Thanks everyone, all good perspectives. I'm glad to see the difference prices people have gotten. $133 must be the Thanksgiving price, assuming lots of demand with all the families with kids on board. 

No way i would pay that much. 

• Like 1

I was a bit disappointed.  The slides had very long lines.  There were two ships that day, I am not sure if that's the norm.  Basically, we went down about 10 slides because of the amount of people.  The bars were a bit understaffed too.  

I would do it once, but if I went back, I would skip it.

• Like 1