Explorer Outside Cabins (Perhaps rest of fleet the same?)

Hi

What's the difference between the cabins under "more options" that are slightly cheaper when selecting your cabin?   Would I be right in thinking that there would be two seperate beds as shown in some pictures?

There's a lack of midship cabins under the default outside cabins and those are only interconnecting which I do not fancy.

If there the reason is down to as I suggested two single beds instead of two-together to form queen, then no problem.

Thanks

If you look at the coloured deck plans of the Explorer on the website (not the screen that comes up when 'choosing a cabin' during booking), the the variations are explained via markers like (*) open squares etc.

Most cabins with 2 singles can be made into a double, but I believe from the deck plans that some are 'L' shape configuration

Where there are 2 options for a cabin grade during booking, the different prices suggest to me that some of the cheaper option prices, have pull down beds to make 4 berth. 

• 1 month later...

I was in 5008 and that was a porthole, either this one or 5010 was the first to have a porthole - all the numbers below this were porthole (ie moving towards the pointy end!). Same on opposite side. It was OK but not as good as a window. The nearer you get to the front, the more the portholes are inset - the person in 5000 had to have the light on all the time as if he was in an inside.