MDR Table Assignment - Fantastica

Selion

So we just booked 2 Fantastica cabins on the Divina for the Labor Day weekend.  Although this would be our 3rd MSC cruise, this will be our first MSC cruise with fixed dining time and assigned table.  My family is fairly private (or socially awkward) and prefer to keep to ourselves.  That said, is it possible to request a 4-top table so we are not sharing a table with others?  Wondering if I should call MSC now, or make this request once onboard.

The reservations are linked and we don't have drink packages.

Not sure if there is a means to request it in advance (never heard of it on MSC). HOWEVER, when you board there will be a time listed and a dining room to see the Maitre d' and to preview your assigned table.  You can go see it (listed on your cruise card) and if it is NOT for 4 people you can have it switched at that time.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys.  I decided to play the MSC Phone Agent lottery!

On my first call, the agent said to make this request onboard.  He should've stopped there and I would have dropped it.  However, he went on and said he could process the request but MSC will charge a fee to make this request.  Imagine my incredulous reaction.  I pressed him by asking how much would the fee be.  He started saying the fee is dynamic; it could be $30, $40 or $50.  By that time I knew he knows nothing (surprisingly his name wasn't Jon) and was just throwing BS around so he doesn't have to do the work (or he doesn't know how and doesn't want to say it).  Promptly hung up the phone at that point for round 2!

Second call, the agent said no problem.  Took care of my request in a minute and wished me a good afternoon.  No BS, no fees.  Just excellent service.  I spent more time going through the phone menus to get to her.

It's almost 3 years since my last MSC cruise, and their landside operations are still inconsistent.  At least there's little to no wait time when I called.