C&A Discount Question (I think I already know the answer)

ramja96

I know it's a long shot, but here goes ....

We're in the process of planning a family cruise and will be needing 3 rooms. My wife and I are Diamond (or will be by then) - the others are either Gold or first-timers (I know ... how can I even bear to be seen with them when onboard ... the shame 😉).  Here's the question: Can I book 3 balcony rooms and get our Diamond balcony discount? Common sense tells me no, since you probably have to have one Diamond member in each room. But then here's another scenario: Can I at least get the Diamond discount on 2 rooms if I book with me in 1 room, and my wife in the other (with other family members filling the companion spots in each room)?

9 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

I know it's a long shot, but here goes ....

We're in the process of planning a family cruise and will be needing 3 rooms. My wife and I are Diamond (or will be by then) - the others are either Gold or first-timers (I know ... how can I even bear to be seen with them when onboard ... the shame 😉).  Here's the question: Can I book 3 balcony rooms and get our Diamond balcony discount? Common sense tells me no, since you probably have to have one Diamond member in each room. But then here's another scenario: Can I at least get the Diamond discount on 2 rooms if I book with me in 1 room, and my wife in the other (with other family members filling the companion spots in each room)?

We always book myself in one cabin and my wife in another to get the C&A discount when traveling with our kids.  That being said it is becoming difficult to get any discount as other promos are taking over. 

• Thanks 1

Do you have kids under 18 going on this family cruise?  If so, they can also be linked C&A members with your status and perhaps could be booked in the third cabin (with some other adult/s) to secure the balcony discount for that cabin.

I’m not sure if you will be able to apply a higher C&A discount (when you reach D) without triggering a re-pricing of the cabins (if cabin prices have risen in the interim).  

Edited by Starry Eyes

2 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

Do you have kids under 18 going on this family cruise?  If so, they can also be linked C&A members with your status and perhaps could be booked in the third cabin (with some other adult/s) to secure the balcony discount for that cabin.

I’m not sure if you will be able to apply a higher C&A discount (when you reach D) without triggering a re-pricing of the cabins (if cabin prices have risen in the interim).  

No, all adults of legal drinking age.

2 minutes ago, ramja96 said:

No, all adults of legal drinking age.

Oh, the drinking age brings up another point:  try be match cabinmates with same beverage package purchase ideas.  For example if perchance your wife is not planning to buy a drink package, don’t match her with a cabinmate who desires beverage package….or vis versa.

• Like 1