Bar menus and drinks offered? Your favorites please!

PRINCESS Sweet Pea

50 minutes ago, Thrak said:

My wife loves the Lemon Drop Martini (lemontini) and, of course, her poolside beer(s) in the afternoon. (She does love the aft pool area to relax, read, have a beer or two, and a short dip to cool her off.)  I tend to drink Bullet straight up. For mixed drinks I drink the Chairman of the Board with a twist and the 24K Gold Margarita - on the rocks, in a rocks glass, no salt.

Someone on our last cruise (total stranger) was trying to decide on what to have and thought maybe a margarita and asked which one I thought they should try. I told them how I drink the 24K Gold Margarita and they asked about having it blended instead. I said it would ruin the drink. They then flagged down a waiter and asked him about the drink and if they should have it on the rocks or blended. He also told them that blending it would ruin the drink. I'll never understand those giant piles of ice with a bit of drink hidden inside.

I have had several waiters try to tell me that ordering this drink in a rocks glass will mean it's a smaller drink and blah, blah, blah. I end up having to explain to the server that the actual drink ingredients will easily fit into that type of glass - it's just the stupid pile of ice that makes the other version so large. The bartenders, of course, understand perfectly.

I can’t even stand the sound of a blender. I think the should be outlawed in bars 

Thanks, Hit the water!  Okay,  while I am sitting here instead of doing something more productive...  I just looked up Island Oasis Margarita Mix and their Sour mix.  Yep.  First ingredient in the Margarita Mix is Cane Sugar.  

The ingredients in the Sour Mix are similar. (no orange) but Sugar is 2nd or 3rd on the list.

Definitely in the "Information that might somehow, someday, be useful" file!

11 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Thanks, Hit the water!  Okay,  while I am sitting here instead of doing something more productive...  I just looked up Island Oasis Margarita Mix and their Sour mix.  Yep.  First ingredient in the Margarita Mix is Cane Sugar.  

The ingredients in the Sour Mix are similar. (no orange) but Sugar is 2nd or 3rd on the list.

Definitely in the "Information that might somehow, someday, be useful" file!

And then I tell them sugar on the rim instead of salt....wonder why I'm diabetic 🤣