Equinox concierge balcony room…. Balcony room on angle vs not on an angle…..any difference, nicer balcony etc!!!

UKYgirl

14 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I like the slant hump balconies because I can be on the balcony even in hot sun or rain as the balcony is deep and covered.  FYI the largest balconies are numbers 1 and 3 off the hump.  Meaning count away from the straight hump cabins.

Can you give an example on deck 8?

24 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

Can you give an example on deck 8?

Look at this

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Celebrity-Equinox&deck=8

So although the deck plan doesn’t show it per se, on the port side the largest balconies would be 8257, 8253 and 8279 and 8283.

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MixerDave said:

I have looked there and cannot figure what you mean by 1 and 3 - please give me cabin #'s as an example.  Thanks

See above.  The first balcony on the slant away from the straight edge of the hump cabins is cabin #1 and then count skipping the next and you have cabin #3.

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

See above.  The first balcony on the slant away from the straight edge of the hump cabins is cabin #1 and then count skipping the next and you have cabin #3.

Thanks for your help, but just give me a cabin number and I can go from there

2 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

Thanks for your help, but just give me a cabin number and I can go from there

For example, on deck 12, 2105 has the biggest balcony, and then 2109 has the next biggest.  2107 and 2111 are smaller but still bigger than flat balconies.

8162 is second off the hump so balcony is about 2x the normal size   8160 has the larger balcony.   Also 8162 is bed by the bath.   You can usually tell by the square sofa bed indicator on the deck plan.  With the square bed by the bath, without bed by balcony.   Sleeper sofa is always by the balcony as far as I know.

I'd never cruised the Caribbean in August until the cruising restart on the Equinox last year.  My long balcony, 2105, was too hot use in the daytime (heat radiated from those long metal walls even into the night).  Two weeks later, I was able to switch 2105 to 2104 ON the hump which got lots more air movement.  If I ever take any more summer cruises, I'll book the angled cabins in front of the hump.  So for me, choice will now depend on the time of the year.

Edited by goofysmom99
  • Like 1