Drink package with a Wife who does Not drink

We're thinking of calling to ask about this for our upcoming sailing April 2023. There will be 3 adults in our cabin and one of us does not drink at all.  We've all got the refreshment package thus far, but are thinking for the other two us we'd like the DDP.  Our question is if we are given the ok to proceed with this, would they cancel the entire order and rebook us at 1 refreshment, 2 DDP, or just charge us the difference for the DDP?  We like the price we got for the refreshment package and if we do try for the deluxe would try on a day the price was lower if we were able to just pay the difference.

1 hour ago, klfhngr said:

A 'friend' just got one deluxe package and the COFFEE card!

I sort of think that should be allowed for D+ traveling with someone who wants the package.  We recently shuffled passengers around to accommodate drink package purchases.  No way could I pretend I don't drink but no way do I need more than 5 per day either; I'd have happily bought a coffee card tho. 🙂 

On 8/12/2022 at 3:01 PM, KeroTravel said:

We're thinking of calling to ask about this for our upcoming sailing April 2023. There will be 3 adults in our cabin and one of us does not drink at all.  We've all got the refreshment package thus far, but are thinking for the other two us we'd like the DDP.  Our question is if we are given the ok to proceed with this, would they cancel the entire order and rebook us at 1 refreshment, 2 DDP, or just charge us the difference for the DDP?  We like the price we got for the refreshment package and if we do try for the deluxe would try on a day the price was lower if we were able to just pay the difference.

I'm betting that you have to cancel the refreshment and buy the DDP.  As far as I know, there is no option to merely upgrade the refreshment package, but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised should you find out otherwise.

On 8/12/2022 at 4:01 PM, KeroTravel said:

Not sure about the outcome from a phone call pre-cruise; however, I do know that, when we were on a previous cruise a couple of years ago, our adult kids were able to upgrade their refreshment packages to Deluxe on board the ship by just paying the difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

I'm betting that you have to cancel the refreshment and buy the DDP.  As far as I know, there is no option to merely upgrade the refreshment package, but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised should you find out otherwise.

1 hour ago, SilkySal said:

Not sure about the outcome from a phone call pre-cruise; however, I do know that, when we were on a previous cruise a couple of years ago, our adult kids were able to upgrade their refreshment packages to Deluxe on board the ship by just paying the difference.

If there is no drastic price change from now until sailing (fingers crossed for a sale Black Friday), we will wait a couple days to do it once on board.  If there is a sale, I'll make the call to see what they say - the worst they can say is no.

• Like 2

I had the refreshment packaged book for both my husband and I and called to swap. They did it in the following order

1) They cancelled his refreshment package

2) They booked us both the Deluxe package

3) They cancelled my deluxe package.

So I ended up with the refreshment and him the deluxe. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1