Email address to get entertainment info?

Just for my own curiosity, what is the reason for requesting entertainer info in advance of the cruise?  I've seen it mentioned here several times over the years, and I just never understood what difference it makes whether you know who will be scheduled or not.  

(Not trying to be judgmental -- I truly don't know what one would do with that information and am asking for my own clarification.)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

Just for my own curiosity, what is the reason for requesting entertainer info in advance of the cruise?  I've seen it mentioned here several times over the years, and I just never understood what difference it makes whether you know who will be scheduled or not.  

(Not trying to be judgmental -- I truly don't know what one would do with that information and am asking for my own clarification.)

Oh, I don’t mind at all!  I ask for two reasons.  First, I am a compulsive planner and like to know what to expect.  Second (and more logically), we have been on enough cruises that we have seen some these entertainers one of more times.  Some of them we’ve loved; others not so much.  It helps to know so that we can decide when to make or change dinner reservations, etc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

Oh, I don’t mind at all!  I ask for two reasons.  First, I am a compulsive planner and like to know what to expect.  Second (and more logically), we have been on enough cruises that we have seen some these entertainers one of more times.  Some of them we’ve loved; others not so much.  It helps to know so that we can decide when to make or change dinner reservations, etc.

Thanks!  I've seen some entertainers more than once, too.  Some are worth a repeat, others.... not so much! LOL

On 8/13/2022 at 5:08 PM, handbellplayer said:

In the past, I've been able to inquire via email about the entertainers scheduled for a particular sailing.  I can't seem to find that email address.  Post-COVID, does this still work? (Harmony of the Seas 8/21 departure)

8 hours ago, handbellplayer said:

Oh, I don’t mind at all!  I ask for two reasons.  First, I am a compulsive planner and like to know what to expect….

There’s a good chance covid or some other injury could throw a wrench in your meticulously laid plans.