S-Class Recs/Comparisons

zackarykeef

Hi all!

We recently sailed on Equinox for our first time on X and loved it! We are looking for another X cruise for early next year. Definitely looking at trying out an E-class ship, but I wanted to get your thoughts on the other S-class ships.

We loved the Equinox, so looking at how they compare. More specifically the Silhouette and the Reflection, as those will be the ones sailing from FLL. I know they all have the same setup, but I’m talking things like overall vibe, newer/refurbished, staff, etc. We loved the Equinox and would happily sail again, but like some of the itineraries on the others and trying new ships also!

Thanks in advance for your input!

Happy sailing! 😎

3 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

Hi all!

We recently sailed on Equinox for our first time on X and loved it! We are looking for another X cruise for early next year. Definitely looking at trying out an E-class ship, but I wanted to get your thoughts on the other S-class ships.

We loved the Equinox, so looking at how they compare. More specifically the Silhouette and the Reflection, as those will be the ones sailing from FLL. I know they all have the same setup, but I’m talking things like overall vibe, newer/refurbished, staff, etc. We loved the Equinox and would happily sail again, but like some of the itineraries on the others and trying new ships also!

Happy sailing! 😎

Both Reflection and Silhouette have two additional speciality restaurants than Equinox. Both are on the top deck, The Lawn Grill and The Porch. Ideal for a more outdoor feeling in the Caribbean.

The other big difference is Silhouette has received a fairly recent upgrade. Most of the changes relate to suite areas so unless you are in a suite it makes little difference. If you are looking at booking a suite then worth looking at Silhouette for the suite deck area.

Reflection does have an extra deck of rooms and more suites than the other S class ships. Whilst generally we didn’t notice the ship being anymore crowded we did have difficulty finding a sun bed anywhere on sea days. Our experience usually on S class is if you move a deck up from the pool you will find something. I obviously don’t know if that was simply our cruise experience or a usual observation on Reflection.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 3

The World Class bar and Sunset bar are expanded on the Reflection.  The Persian Garden has more rooms  on the Reflection.   I think the gym is a little bigger but the lounge at the front on the top deck is smaller it doesn’t wrap around as much.

There are more tables in Blu so they are closer together.

it is our favorite S class. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

Edited by miched

11 hours ago, zackarykeef said:

Hi all!

Happy sailing! 😎

We found that the Reflection had a more crowded feel than other S-class ships.  It is definitely more noticeable in the Blu restaurant.  Also, the size of the Sky Observation Lounge has been reduced to allow for additional rooms on the Reflection.