Getting Meet/Greet posted in Caper's

ccNVcpl

That Would Be A Great Idea But I Dont Think Carnival Would Go For It. We Tried Once To Have A Pj Party Posted For One Of The Lounge, No Good. We Were On The Liberty 2/4 Sailing And Wasnt Aware Of The Meet And Greets Cc Group Had Set Up. One Prior To Cruise, One On First Day And Night But It Rainned First Day At Poolside Bar And For 2nd That Night In Piano Bar, Plus Piano Bar Player Wasnt That Great. So I Couldnt Find Group Either At Pool Side Or Later On At Piano Bar. I Would Advises You To Communicate Real Good With Your Group Prior To Going And Email Each Other As Much As Possible If You Can Also Bring Cabin Numbers, Past Cruise I Left The Cabin Numbers Home And We Only Got To Meet 1 Person From Cc Group, the group had a great time and became very friendly, some even booked another cruise already for next year. Cruise Critic is great for making friends and making new friendships

Its a group coordinator onboard all ships-- but I suggest setting up your own.

We had a group on the Liberty--and the group coordinator was great-- No she woul dnot list it in the capers as it was not a public thing-- it was our own private party.

I dont think they list private group events-- when you pass an area that is marked private function you wont ever see it listed on the capers.

also most of cruise critic groups are very open and friendly and makes a very strong effect to meet and greet as many cc people as possible. they make a point to set up several meet and greets during the week, in case someone cant make 1st one etc, this is the right way to do it. then there are some cruise critic groups that bond together early in cruise after 1st meeting etc and dont care to meet any other new friends during the week, i have had both sides but trust me meeting more friends during the week is a lot more fun. some are low keyed . Take the group of castaway hosted by randy that is a great bunch and randy is doing a great job setting up several meets and greets and several things to do during the week, way to go randy i also find that the more you put into something the more you get out, but it works two ways.

Has anyone tried to get their Roll Call group meet/greet listing in the daily Capers? I heard that they will list a group event - but haven't a clue on how to go about doing it.

Ken and I are on the same roll call. Our group is not that big. I think it maybe less than 20 so far. Would this make a difference in terms of securing a room/reserving an area?

It really is a good idea, it would be great if we could get it set up. Great idea Ken.

The CCer's on our cruise have arranged an unofficial CC meeting....complete with the "terrible towel". (several Steeler fans will be aboard) Not a group...just a few of us!!

Ken and I are on the same roll call. Our group is not that big. I think it maybe less than 20 so far. Would this make a difference in terms of securing a room/reserving an area?

It really is a good idea, it would be great if we could get it set up. Great idea Ken.

we had 35 of us--but our group got a free coctail party. if you wanted a room--with nothing added im sure the group coordinator can help you. BUt you will have to wait til you get onboard and that kind of defeats your get togethers.

since tea time is listed in the capers-- we had two meet and greets scheduled for tea time--held on sea days at 3:30- look in the capers for meeting place. The room is nice-- you get served tea, coffee little cakes etc. nice relaxing hour.

use the card room on most ships for get togethers--- the room hardly goes to use. But most people like the outdoors, pools where kids can play while they meet new found friends.

Archived