Borelias Fred O

Kajojato

Hi.   Im looking at a cruise for Feb 2023......as a solo passenger......sadly most offers for us are not the best cabins in /or a reasonable price..Has anyone been on deck 1 of the Borelias..........thats whats available.    Im a little weary of engine noise or drone.... being so far into the hull........ would appreciate any views from previous cruisers  on this ship.......its an 18day cruise to cape verde, so want to be able to sleep without operational noise

On 8/14/2022 at 5:24 PM, Kajojato said:

Hi.   Im looking at a cruise for Feb 2023......as a solo passenger......sadly most offers for us are not the best cabins in /or a reasonable price..Has anyone been on deck 1 of the Borelias..........thats whats available.    Im a little weary of engine noise or drone.... being so far into the hull........ would appreciate any views from previous cruisers  on this ship.......its an 18day cruise to cape verde, so want to be able to sleep without operational noise

Having travelled on Bolette, agree entirely that solo travellers are not looked after with regards to cabin/location on most cruise lines , even though usually  paying a supplement for solo travel. I really enjoy being low down towards the water line .  My last visit I had Cabin1883 which had a  Picture window and yes there was plenty of drone most days  although it did not disturb me as used to sleeping with noises.  I find the slamming of cabin doors disturbs me, you get that all over the ships.

Edited by LifeonMars

On 8/14/2022 at 5:24 PM, Kajojato said:

My wife and I sailed on the sister ship, Amsterdam (whilst still with HAL) and were allocated Cabin 1805. It was the worst we've ever had on any cruise ship – noisy, lots of movement, waste water constantly rising through the drain on the bathroom floor, and if my memory serves me right portholes rather than picture windows at the very front of the ship. Never again!

• Thanks 1