When do I test?

blueskadoo

Sorry for the elementary question, but I've tried to search, and the results keep bringing me to discussions about the merits of testing/not testing and I can't seem to find up to date information based off the August 1st updated guidance. Departing this Saturday on a cruise, and not sure when I'm supposed to test. I have an appointment to go to a in person quest lab test (NAAT) which prompted me to schedule for Wednesday. Reviewing the Sail Safe page just now, there's a chart at the bottom of the page that says "earliest test" and lists Thursday. So...my question is which one is correct? Am I good to test Wednesday? I don't want to go to the trouble if I needed to push the appointment back...but its always a sweat to make sure the results come back in time, so if I have the extra day, I want to use it. Thanks in advance. 

2 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Too .any people are asking the same question instead of reading NCL.

Too many people providing their interpretation instead of following NCL rules.

JMHO

There’s conflicting information on the NCL website. One spot says 3 days for PCR, 2 days for antigen, then scroll down and it says 2 days for “earliest” testing. It’s just not very clear. 

2 minutes ago, blueskadoo said:

There’s conflicting information on the NCL website. One spot says 3 days for PCR, 2 days for antigen, then scroll down and it says 2 days for “earliest” testing. It’s just not very clear. 

So, do you think everyone else is clear?

When NCL says 2 days is the earliest, that is very clear. Reread your quote above.

2 hours ago, blueskadoo said:

Sorry for the elementary question, but I've tried to search, and the results keep bringing me to discussions about the merits of testing/not testing and I can't seem to find up to date information based off the August 1st updated guidance. Departing this Saturday on a cruise, and not sure when I'm supposed to test. I have an appointment to go to a in person quest lab test (NAAT) which prompted me to schedule for Wednesday. Reviewing the Sail Safe page just now, there's a chart at the bottom of the page that says "earliest test" and lists Thursday. So...my question is which one is correct? Am I good to test Wednesday? I don't want to go to the trouble if I needed to push the appointment back...but its always a sweat to make sure the results come back in time, so if I have the extra day, I want to use it. Thanks in advance. 

NCL sailsafe page specifically states three days for naat /pcr test ( Wednesday for Saturday embark); two days for antigen test (Thursday for Saturday sailing).That is until 9/2/22. After that , those with proof of vaccination will not need a negative covid test; unvaccinated pax will need a negative naat/pcr or antigen test within three days. These rules apply to those twelve years old and older.

Your best bet is to follow the requirements as set forth on the NCL Sailsafe site. Don't take the word of fellow CCers as gospel. We can all make mistakes, myself included, or not be up to date on a specific subject. Good luck!!

I'm starting to think part of the confusion is the mobile site vs the desktop site when you go to the sailsafe page. The one on mobile is pretty easy to understand, reflective of what cruisebear said, and the desktop site has the old two day chart at the bottom of the page. I wish I knew how to share screen grabs on here...but I think it comes back to the fact that all the different dates makes it all so confusing!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

NCL sailsafe page specifically states three days for naat /pcr test ( Wednesday for Saturday embark); two days for antigen test (Thursday for Saturday sailing).That is until 9/2/22. After that , those with proof of vaccination will not need a negative covid test; unvaccinated pax will need a negative naat/pcr or antigen test within three days. These rules apply to those twelve years old and older.

Your best bet is to follow the requirements as set forth on the NCL Sailsafe site. Don't take the word of fellow CCers as gospel. We can all make mistakes, myself included, or not be up to date on a specific subject. Good luck!!

You are correct. One other point to add is some countries require additional requirements such as Canada. Canada requires a pre test and ArriveCan info.

Just now, graphicguy said:

OP….NCl should have also sent/emailed you a letter with the protocols to follow.  Adhere to that!

Yes, we got ours. Maybe some people didn't get theirs. 

• Like 1