Caribbean Princess- Quebec to NYC- Aug. 2022 hopefully helpful notes

Maggie4nc

6 hours ago, capriccio said:

We used the Sanctuary on the Caribbean Princess in January.  We've been in the Sanctuary on a number of Princess ships (maybe even the CB back in the day) and this was the first time I've seen the cabanas set up IIRC like this along the bow.  There were only 4 lounges on either side of the 2 massage tents with direct view of the sea.  After the lounges were 2 cabanas on each side.  All the other lounges under the 'shade' were in 3 rows.  Then there were the always in the sun lounges above the Lotus pool. 

We were the second new passengers to get to the Sanctuary and the 8 direct sea view lounges were already reserved by passengers on the previous cruise.  We only saw 1 cabana on each side used very intermittently the entire week. 

Great info! Thank you.

Can four passengers book the cabana’s?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

12 minutes ago, IEHL said:

Great info! Thank you.

Can four passengers book the cabana’s?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

I don't know.  I think that would be a little crowded. 

The only time we ever had one was on the Royal Princess in 2015 and that was sheer luck.  We were on a B2B and had regular lounges the first leg and then the manager asked if we were interested in reserving for the 2nd leg.  We were and he offered us a cabana at the price of 2 lounges (but without the cabana food and drink extras)!  He said he knew he wouldn't be able to sell all the cabanas but he would be able to sell all the lounges.  It was very nice but not nice enough to ever consider paying for it on subsequent cruises.

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

I don't know.  I think that would be a little crowded. 

The only time we ever had one was on the Royal Princess in 2015 and that was sheer luck.  We were on a B2B and had regular lounges the first leg and then the manager asked if we were interested in reserving for the 2nd leg.  We were and he offered us a cabana at the price of 2 lounges (but without the cabana food and drink extras)!  He said he knew he wouldn't be able to sell all the cabanas but he would be able to sell all the lounges.  It was very nice but not nice enough to ever consider paying for it on subsequent cruises.

Thank you your info, it is appreciated. I am thinking it will be safe place to hide on our sea day. We fly across the country on disembarkation day. I don’t want to feel crappy.