Cape Canaveral Lodging Question

Fitzget

Where does everyone stay for cruises departing Cape Canaveral? Not many great choices I’m seeing so deciding on whether to stay in Orlando and Uber from there, or just suck it up and stay somewhere more expensive/more points in Cape Canaveral. For reference, I’m a Marriott bonvoy member so typically try to stay at Marriott properties so I can use and/or get points. 

thanks! 

I would base on where to stay on the flight time arrival into MCO.

We had an arrival about 4:00pm and opted to head to Home2Suites in Port Canaveral for our pre-cruise stay. We used Cruise Control for our transportation....MCO to our hotel and from the port back to MCO day of cruise end.

I agree with the above. We did stay in PC on our first cruise at the Radisson. They have nightly happy hour and parties for cruisers. It was fun to meet up with some before the cruise. However, the rooms were not that great and the sofa was like a rock for my daughter. You will get much nicer hotels near MCO for half the price or less even. The transportation to PC is a wash because you have to pay for it anyway.

If I had that trip to do all over again, I would have stayed near MCO and kept our flights. The constant cancelations and everything going over a holiday had us worried. So, we decided to just lose our flight credits and drive. Hindsight, the flights were on time and we would have arrived about the same as driving both ways. But after nearly 2 years of covid and 5 canceled vacations, we were not going to miss out on it.

Thanks for the advice! Ended up booking the Sheraton Suites near the airport for $129 a night, and it has a separate living room so we can share with a friend. We don’t arrive until 7pm so decided that was our best bet. Then we can relax and enjoy a drink at the hotel bar. Another friend is arriving the following morning early (fingers crossed) so she’ll meet us all at the hotel and we can all go to the port together. 

really looking forward to this cruise!! It’s our first since 2015 and we’re celebrating 3 birthdays onboard. A much needed celebration since none of us could celebrate the last two. Phew, I’m talking a lot. Thanks again, y’all.