Radiance is Docked in Ensenada

Calnev1

I see from Whatsinport.com that this morning (Wednesday August 17) the Radiance is docked in Ensenada.  So for now it looks like there are no continuing problems in the Ensenada area.  It will be interesting to hear about the experience of those who got off the Radiance today.

• Like 2

Yup, saw an article yesterday that everything is back on and should proceed as normal. I'm sure some folks will still be a bit sketched but I'm sure they increased security big time around the area. Even years ago there were trucks rolling around full of soldiers with M16's. Some found that uncomfortable, I found it reassuring lol. Miracle is departing to Ensenada tomorrow as well. 

https://www.borderreport.com/regions/mexico/cruise-ships-returning-to-ensenada-after-fears-of-violence-ease/

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

https://www.cruisehive.com/cruise-ships-cautiously-returning-to-ensenada/79263

Looks like they are cautiously going, since RCI and Carnival did not dock on Saturday.  

My cruise crew of 16 of us are going Labor Day.  We weren't planning on getting off anyways, but I read that Carnival gave a 50$ OBC and 50% off a future cruise for the cancellation. 

Edited by CrzRani

1 hour ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Even years ago there were trucks rolling around full of soldiers with M16's. Some found that uncomfortable, I found it reassuring lol.

I know what you're saying and when driving my car south of Rosarito we've been stopped on the highway by Federales over the years as though they are looking for someone. I may feel different these days though because most recently there were numerous reports that there were blockades set up with the bad dudes uniformed like Federales. 

We sail on the 29th this month aboard the Radiance. We almost never go ashore in Ensenada. We booked this 4 day cruise so we could fill up on Shaq's Big Chicken for breakfast and lunch everyday anyway. 

' Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges. We're only here for Shaq's Big Chicken.' We don't need no stinking badges! - YouTube

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

I know what you're saying and when driving my car south of Rosarito we've been stopped on the highway by Federales over the years as though they are looking for someone. I may feel different these days though because most recently there were numerous reports that there were blockades set up with the bad dudes uniformed like Federales. 

We sail on the 29th this month aboard the Radiance. We almost never go ashore in Ensenada. We booked this 4 day cruise so we could fill up on Shaq's Big Chicken for breakfast and lunch everyday anyway. 

' Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges. We're only here for Shaq's Big Chicken.' We don't need no stinking badges! - YouTube

We debated doing Radiance over Miracle for Big Chicken specifically but decided the long drive wasn't worth it for a 4 day. There will be less food options on Miracle but I've always wanted to try it after seeing a few videos of it and all it's quirkiness. Plus sailing out of SF is just so much closer for us, no getting up at the butt-crack of dawn and being tired on embarkation day. Everyone raves about big chicken though and I'm considering adding a 4 day to one of our Panorama trips next year if scheduling and pricing works out, I've been wanting to try Radiance for a while now.   

9 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Everyone raves about big chicken though and I'm considering adding a 4 day to one of our Panorama trips next year if scheduling and pricing works out, I've been wanting to try Radiance for a while now.   

That's a good idea to book a side to side like that.

We've sailed the Miracle 5 times now, the last time was in April of this year. After 9 cruises on Panorama since October of last year through March of this year the charm of the Miracle was no longer there for us. We never noticed how dark the lido dining room is, the MDR has always been dark, but now the lido. 

You like Farcus, and so do we, but the gloss of the Panorama had us in its spell the 5 days we sailed Miracle to Cabo and Ensenada in April and missed her the whole cruise.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

That's a good idea to book a side to side like that.

We've sailed the Miracle 5 times now, the last time was in April of this year. After 9 cruises on Panorama since October of last year through March of this year the charm of the Miracle was no longer there for us. We never noticed how dark the lido dining room is, the MDR has always been dark, but now the lido. 

You like Farcus, and so do we, but the gloss of the Panorama had us in its spell the 5 days we sailed Miracle to Cabo and Ensenada in April and missed her the whole cruise.

I'm sure Miracle won't be around in it's current configuration for long, it's due for a dry dock soon, who knows what will be changed and how much longer she'll be in service, this may be my only trip on her but I'd like to see her before any big changes happen. We definitely love Panorama as well and can't wait to sail on her again. She's a great ship. That's a lot of cruising you've done in a short period, Impressive!   

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

She's a great ship. That's a lot of cruising you've done in a short period, Impressive!   

We returned so often to enjoy the brunch twice on sea days. We do like our soft boiled eggs and the late, but not forgotten, filet mignon. 

We sailed to Ensenada often on Miracle's sister the Spirit on 9 day sailings from San Diego. The layout and size of the Spirit Class ships has to be experienced at least once. Happy sails on Miracle.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1