Westerdam live entertainment

cruzer0007

Wife and I have an inside passage cruise on Westerdam in a few weeks, and was hoping to hear from anyone who has recently sailed her, about the current line-up, what musicians are on the music walk, or elsewhere on the ship, and what were the evening events in the main theatre ?  Anyone have any of the daily schedules that they could post so we had some examples to help us with expectations ?   We have never been on a Holland America cruise, and are quite curious what the offerings will be.  We have pretty good familiarity with RCCL and Celebrity, in case there are comparisons anyone can offer.  Thanks in advance for any insights.

Without going into a lot of details you should lower your expectations regarding entertainment.  Unlike on RCI and Celebrity you will not see any "Production Shows" on HAL.  Otherwise there are several music venues although the offerings are somewhat limited when compared to the other two lines you mentioned.   

Hank

I wouldn't call the offerings "very poor".  I think HAL's music offerings are really nice!  I don't know about the Westerdam specifically though.  I don't really love the old school production shows so that's okay by me that they are gone.  On other ships currently reporting live here on Cruise Critic people say there are also comedians, a singing group such as "Cantare" and on Zaandam currently there is a band in the Ocean Bar and sometimes a piano player.  Also, depending on the ship there will be the BB King band, Billboard Onboard Pianos, Rolling Stone Rock Room and the Lincoln Center classical-ish group.  

For a port intensive trip like Alaska, that's a pretty good selection, I think.  

@cruzer0007hope you have a great time!  Let us know what you think when you get on board.

~Nancy