Quirky inside cabins

tetleytea

I don't think I'm tied to any line--even a luxury line, if it's an inside.  However, I think Carnival is the one line my DW doesn't want.

This idea of a floor-to-ceiling webcam is fascinating.  Or insides that are not 100% insides (like the Oasis that the article mentions).

1 hour ago, tetleytea said:

I don't think I'm tied to any line--

HAL has two cabins per ship (excepting their two smallest ships, Volendam and Zaandam) that are priced as insides but have a window. The view out those windows is of the retracting roof over the Lido pool, but it is daylight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/18/2022 at 2:19 PM, crystalspin said:

HAL has two cabins per ship (excepting their two smallest ships, Volendam and Zaandam) that are priced as insides but have a window. The view out those windows is of the retracting roof over the Lido pool, but it is daylight.

I stumbled onto these "inside w/a window" cabins on HAL and am booked in one for the first time in 2 weeks. Intrigued by the ability to have natural light while getting a bargain - will update when I return.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

I stumbled onto these "inside w/a window" cabins on HAL and am booked in one for the first time in 2 weeks. Intrigued by the ability to have natural light while getting a bargain - will update when I return.

Are you sailing on the Oosterdam? We had 10021 on the Zuiderdam and LOVED being just behind the Crows Nest!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 1/31/2023 at 11:56 PM, crystalspin said:

10043 I think? That is the equivalent of our 10021 on Zuidy, except you are one deck down from the Crows Nest and one deck up from the Lido. Best location for the ship! Enjoy!

Yes it was 10043 - my fat finger, lol. It was awesome - have recommended it many times. Had a thermalpass and loved the convenience. 

• Like 1