Dining Options Scarlet Lady

Hello-

I have never sailed Virgin Voyages and inquiring about dining options on the Scarlet Lady. Which dining options are offered on her, which dining options are recommended and how does one book a reservation? Additionally, can a passenger just show-up at a dining option and just wait for an opening? Also, which times are recommended for the dining options on the five day Caribbean cruises leaving on October? Thanks in advance for your assistance.  

4 hours ago, juancarlosgarciasanchez said:

Hello-

I have never sailed Virgin Voyages and inquiring about dining options on the Scarlet Lady. Which dining options are offered on her, which dining options are recommended and how does one book a reservation? Additionally, can a passenger just show-up at a dining option and just wait for an opening? Also, which times are recommended for the dining options on the five day Caribbean cruises leaving on October? Thanks in advance for your assistance.  

Hi,
list and details of the options can be found here

You need to download the virgin voyages sailor app, and you can book where you would like eat when you are 45 days out from your voyage (unless you are in a suite and then you can do this at 60 days). You can do walk ups but on certain nights the wake can have a very long wait, so i recommend booking. If you struggle with the app, sailor services can help when you board. 

Times - you can book in 15 minute slots but if you dine early or later in the evenings, you will see more availability. 

ALL dining is included, so do not think of this as a standard cruise where there is an "up charge" to dine in a specific place. We have yet to have a bad meal on board VV on an evening. 

• Like 1

There are a huge number of YouTube videos about the food as well as web sites and videos showing the menus.  Every food location on the ship is included in your cruise fare although a few of the main restaurants have an item with an "upcharge."  There are plenty of excellent choices without ever paying for an upcharge item. 

The rest is as above.  If you have difficulty making reservations on the app, there is a large red table you'll see after boarding where they will help you get the reservations you want.  Yes, walk ups are on a "space available" basis, so if you want a particular restaurant or time, you are better with a reservation.

• Like 1

Also in addition to the six bookable restaurants for dinner there is also the pizza place and the Galley which is a food court, these don’t need to be booked. 
The Galley is mainly a breakfast and lunch place as some outlets close at 3pm but you can get all day breakfast, burgers and some other items into the evening. 

Also The Wake and Razzle Dazzle offer brunch which can be booked once onboard.

Then for snacks The Dock serves mezze and grilled items and the Social Club has hot dogs and other snacks.

For the bookable dinner restaurants you can only book each one once for cruises under seven nights. If you want to repeat you need to do one as a walk up.

• Like 2

Google the menus for Virgin and that should give you some idea of what is available.  I can't say that I paid a whole lot of attention to the health conscious aspects.  I do know there is a salad place in the Galley.  I suspect that for the most part Gunbae is fairly healthy.  I can tell you the portions at The Test Kitchen are not large, so that might be another good option.  You can also get some small sized grilled meats (shrimp, chicken, steak and octopus) at the Dock.

• Like 1

Many places will offer 1/2 size portions, particularly the pasta dishes in Extra Virgin.  You can always get things without sauces, etc.  But as a runner, I suspect that you are more interested in the underlying nutritional items than what is done with them.  Each locations offers vegetarian and vegan items.  Razzle Dazzle is "plant forward" with meat based items called "naughty."  Talk to your server in any restaurant to get stuff the way you want it!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, juancarlosgarciasanchez said:

I thank everyone for their replies and one final dining question. As a marathon runner and watching every calorie, which dining venue(s) provides the most health conscious dining options ? THANKS ! 

All the venues can offer health conscious meals I believe. The Test Kitchen is definitely the lightest meal because it's a micro gastro experience. We recently sailed Scarlet Lady and I did post a full food tour of our journey that might give you a sense of what it's all about. It's a really really good food experience, one of the best we've had in our years of cruising.

• Like 1