Hotel Near LGA for Cape Liberty Cruise

We will now be arriving at 11pm or midnight the night before our cruise on Oasis out of Cape Liberty (flying into LaGuardia) and I am guessing it would be best to stay near the airport and then Uber/Lyft to the port the next morning? Any assistance on good hotel options (with possible shuttle from airport that late?) would be greatly appreciated. We just decided to fly instead of drive as DH cannot go and my new traveling companion cannot leave Michigan in time to drive in the day before. TIA

Can’t help with hotels, but I’d at least consider getting it over with and going on to Jersey. Traffic should be as light as it will be barring overnight construction. And then you wake up a few miles from your ship, instead of in Queens…

55 minutes ago, familycruising4ever said:

We will now be arriving at 11pm or midnight the night before our cruise on Oasis out of Cape Liberty (flying into LaGuardia) and I am guessing it would be best to stay near the airport and then Uber/Lyft to the port the next morning?

What day is your cruise? If its on a week day the traffic can be horrific in the morning and might be worth having a more leisurely morning by just ripping the bandaid off and taking an Uber to somewhere in New Jersey. If it leaves on a Sat/Sun less of an issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

What day is your cruise? If its on a week day the traffic can be horrific in the morning and might be worth having a more leisurely morning by just ripping the bandaid off and taking an Uber to somewhere in New Jersey. If it leaves on a Sat/Sun less of an issue. 

The cruise leaves on Sunday from Cape Liberty so we will arrive at LGA around 11pm Saturday.

1 hour ago, markeb said:

Can’t help with hotels, but I’d at least consider getting it over with and going on to Jersey. Traffic should be as light as it will be barring overnight construction. And then you wake up a few miles from your ship, instead of in Queens…

That was what I was thinking as well. Can't believe the price of getting from LGA to the Cape Liberty area.  Perhaps I should have considered the the higher price tickets into EWR.

2 hours ago, familycruising4ever said:

That was what I was thinking as well. Can't believe the price of getting from LGA to the Cape Liberty area.  Perhaps I should have considered the the higher price tickets into EWR.

It may be too late at this point...

There's a frequent recommendation on this board going back years to always price out the total trip before settling on the airport. If you save $100 flying into LGA but it costs you $200 to get to Cape Liberty, didn't really help. But it is what it is.

On 8/18/2022 at 4:19 PM, markeb said:

It may be too late at this point...

There's a frequent recommendation on this board going back years to always price out the total trip before settling on the airport. If you save $100 flying into LGA but it costs you $200 to get to Cape Liberty, didn't really help. But it is what it is.

You are correct. We've decided to actually fly into EWR and stay until the 31st so we can get into New York and do some sightseeing on Sunday after the cruise ship gets back to port!