Question about Embarkation Day

katlew

We are doing the Auckland to Sydney cruise in December and are booked for the Auckland extension beforehand. The ship stays in Auckland for another day after embarkation day. We are thinking of booking a private tour for embarkation day. Our thinking is there is really no rush for us to board the boat as it isn't leaving that day and, because we are on the extension, Viking should handle getting our luggage to the boat for us. I'm wondering if this thinking is correct? Does anyone know if there is a time the stop embarkation for the day? I figure they have to be available for people who arrive later. 

Thanks for any insight!

We did Auckland to Sydney and went in a day early on our own, so I can't specifically speak to your question.  However, I can tell you that the ship is right there at the wharf/harbor and you can literally walk to it if you walk along the wharf.  The hotel we stayed in was right on the wharf quite near the ship. We got a cab as there was construction at that time and we didn't want to tote luggage through that, but the ship is close in to everything along the  wharf.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, katlew said:

We are doing the Auckland to Sydney cruise in December and are booked for the Auckland extension beforehand. The ship stays in Auckland for another day after embarkation day. We are thinking of booking a private tour for embarkation day. Our thinking is there is really no rush for us to board the boat as it isn't leaving that day and, because we are on the extension, Viking should handle getting our luggage to the boat for us. I'm wondering if this thinking is correct? Does anyone know if there is a time the stop embarkation for the day? I figure they have to be available for people who arrive later. 

Thanks for any insight!

Best to ask Viking the question, as it varies based on the availability of shore staff for embarkation and also the requirements of the local authorities.