Park West

jackadapt

Still haven’t received artwork.   Calls to Celebrity customer service always yield “we will investigate and get back to you”. It’s been 8 weeks since the first call to them and almost a year since my cruise. Next step?  Call credit card to dispute the charge?

Edited by jackadapt

• jackadapt changed the title to Park West
2 hours ago, jackadapt said:

Still haven’t received artwork.   Calls to Celebrity customer service always yield “we will investigate and get back to you”. It’s been 8 weeks since the first call to them and almost a year since my cruise. Next step?  Call credit card to dispute the charge?

Try this...https://www.parkwestgallery.com/contact/

I had purchased a few things, and it took ages to have them delivered.  I bought in early January, and didn't receive the art until very late March.   I used the contact phone number to get info on my art, and it was handled well.  They do take a ridiculous amount of time for shipping, but don't disclose that on the ship at all.    You should get an update email once it has been processed (reframed or whatever they do to it), and then another when it ships, along with tracking.  They're just really S L O W sending it out. 

4 hours ago, jackadapt said:

Have you called Park West?

• Like 1

On 8/20/2022 at 9:26 AM, jackadapt said:

They warn you that your purchase may not arrive for 12 weeks.

A year sounds like a major issue.  I would call Park West again.

On 8/20/2022 at 6:26 AM, jackadapt said:

It didn't happen to be a work by Peter Max was it?

20 minutes ago, ldtr said:

It didn't happen to be a work by Peter Max was it?

In 2019, the NYT did a piece on Max's mental state - seriously advanced dementia - and that his his son took full advantage of that.

"For some people, Mr. Max’s decline spelled opportunity. His estranged son, Adam, and three business associates took over Mr. Max’s studio, drastically increasing production for a never-ending series of art auctions on cruise ships, even as the artist himself could hardly paint."

Edited by canderson
Typoz

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

In 2019, the NYT did a piece on Max's mental state - seriously advanced dementia - and that his his son took full advantage of that.

"For some people, Mr. Max’s decline spelled opportunity. His estranged son, Adam, and three business associates took over Mr. Max’s studio, drastically increasing production for a never-ending series of art auctions on cruise ships, even as the artist himself could hardly paint."

There was also a legal case between Park West and the company handling Peter Max's works. 

On 8/20/2022 at 10:27 AM, neverlaysup said:

Have you called Park West?

Calls to Park West have yielded same answer as calls to Celebrity, "we'll look into it and get back to you."  Crickets there after.  Slight exagerration on my part in that it hasn't been a full year yet.  Currently 9.5 months since the cruise, but the point remains, as someone else has noted, it can take "up to 12 weeks".  

5 hours ago, jackadapt said:

Calls to Park West have yielded same answer as calls to Celebrity, "we'll look into it and get back to you."  Crickets there after.  Slight exagerration on my part in that it hasn't been a full year yet.  Currently 9.5 months since the cruise, but the point remains, as someone else has noted, it can take "up to 12 weeks".  

Certain items can take up to a year. We purchased a bronze sculpture in Feb and I just called them the other day to inquire. They easily looked up my name within minutes and gave me the answer I was looking for.