Fully Vaccinated & Boosted Effective August 22, 2022?

adolfo2

I see no mention of what the Bermuda TA protocol is for Fully Vaccinated & Boosted cruise passengers.

UNVACCINATED need a Rapid Test 2-days before embarkation...  Fully Vaccinated & Boosted can't possibly be the same?

1 hour ago, adolfo2 said:

I see no mention of what the Bermuda TA protocol is for Fully Vaccinated & Boosted cruise passengers.

UNVACCINATED need a Rapid Test 2-days before embarkation...  Fully Vaccinated & Boosted can't possibly be the same?

The website may be confusing you because it is done by addition.  August 22 only adds protocol for unvaccinated.  There has been no change for vaccinated. See under effective June 3 for the protocol .That is still in effect. Then further down the protocol for vaccinated is spelled out clearly. 

Cruise voyages that take 4 days or less to get to Bermuda from embarkation port:

Fully vaccinated passengers may take either a COVID-19 NAAT (PCR, LAMP or TMA) test no more than 4 days before embarkation, or a supervised antigen test no more than 2 days before embarkation.

Unvaccinated passengers must take a COVID-19 NAAT test taken no more than 4 days before embarkation (supervised antigen tests are not accepted for unvaccinated passengers as a pre-travel test). Cruise lines may also require a supervised antigen test at embarkation in the terminal or at embarkation on the cruise ship.

Passengers under 2 years old do not have to test to enter Bermuda.

Cruise voyages that take more than 4 days to get to Bermuda from the embarkation port:

All passengers regardless of vaccination status must undergo a further supervised antigen or COVID-19 NAAT on-board, by the ships medical team, no more than 2 days before passengers are to come ashore in Bermuda. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The website may be confusing you because it is done by addition.  August 22 only adds protocol for unvaccinated.  There has been no change for vaccinated. See under effective June 3 for the protocol .That is still in effect. Then further down the protocol for vaccinated is spelled out clearly. 

Ah, Thank You! So the testing requirements are essentially the same now (2-day, pre-sail Rapid will do). 

Don't agree with rules/regulations being applied "By Addition" as it just creates more opportunities for misunderstanding and additional work BUT THEN AGAIN i would expect nothing less by the Government of Bermuda.

Edited by adolfo2
Clarity
  • Like 1

We are on a 16 day TA leaving from Rome, with the final stop in Bermuda. Bermuda's law says we have to be tested four days before embarking in Rome. (Note that NCL does not require any testing for ships departing Rome...unless stopping in Bermuda). What makes this even crazier, is that Bermuda also requires yet another test two days before landing in Bermuda. If that's the case, it makes the pre-embarkation test entirely moot. What's the point? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

We are on a 16 day TA leaving from Rome, with the final stop in Bermuda. Bermuda's law says we have to be tested four days before embarking in Rome. (Note that NCL does not require any testing for ships departing Rome...unless stopping in Bermuda). What makes this even crazier, is that Bermuda also requires yet another test two days before landing in Bermuda. If that's the case, it makes the pre-embarkation test entirely moot. What's the point? 

The point of the pre-embarkation test is to lessen the chance of an infected person boarding the ship and subsequently infecting others on board. 

I'm not going to argue about whether that is valid epidemiology or not when a second test is required two days before making port, but that's their reasoning.

Edited by njhorseman

1 minute ago, njhorseman said:

The point of the pre-embarkation test is to lessen the chance of an infected person boarding the ship and subsequently infecting others on board. 

I'm not going to argue about whether that is valid epidemiology or not when a second test is required two days before making port, but that's their reasoning.

I understand your point about the pre-embarkation testing. However, NCL does not require testing for any of its other Rome embarkations, so the same level of risk would exist on their other cruises. And as you said, the test two days before getting to Bermuda makes the initial test moot.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I understand your point about the pre-embarkation testing. However, NCL does not require testing for any of its other Rome embarkations, so the same level of risk would exist on their other cruises. And as you said, the test two days before getting to Bermuda makes the initial test moot.

Bermuda isn't concerned about levels of risk on other cruises that don't make a port call in Bermuda. Why should they ? They are just concerned about cruises calling on Bermuda. They could care less about NCL's rules for other cruises.

Every country has the right to make its own rules and cruise lines have no choice but to follow them. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Bermuda isn't concerned about levels of risk on other cruises that don't make a port call in Bermuda. Why should they ? They are just concerned about cruises calling on Bermuda. They could care less about NCL's rules for other cruises.

Every country has the right to make its own rules and cruise lines have no choice but to follow them. 

I didn't say they should care about other cruises or NCL. I'm pointing out the inanity of requiring a test three weeks prior to even hitting Bermuda and then another test two days before. I'm fine with them ensuring safety on the island two days before, but a test three weeks prior is meaningless, given the two-day test.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 2

On 8/20/2022 at 10:41 AM, adolfo2 said:

I read on the new update that you only have to test on board if you are vaccinated if you plan to disembark in Bermuda.  

36 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

I read on the new update that you only have to test on board if you are vaccinated if you plan to disembark in Bermuda.  

That only applies to vaccinated passengers on cruises arriving in Bermuda more than 4 days after embarkation. For cruises arriving in Bermuda 4 or fewer days after embarkation no additional on board test is required for vaccinated passengers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

I didn't say they should care about other cruises or NCL

You certainly did. In fact it was the only argument you gave: "NCL does not require testing for any of its other Rome embarkations, so the same level of risk would exist on their other cruises."

Regardless, neither Bermuda nor NCL care about your opinion on the matter, nor my opinion on the matter. Those are the rules regardless of whether you or I like them or agree with them or not.

1 hour ago, njhorseman said:

That only applies to vaccinated passengers on cruises arriving in Bermuda more than 4 days after embarkation. For cruises arriving in Bermuda 4 or fewer days after embarkation no additional on board test is required for vaccinated passengers.

So If we are vaccinated and our cruise arrives more than 4 days after we leave NYC and I choose to not get off the ship, I do not have to retest on board.

3 minutes ago, AK Dreaming said:

So If we are vaccinated and our cruise arrives more than 4 days after we leave NYC and I choose to not get off the ship, I do not have to retest on board.

Apparently, although IMO the instructions would benefit from some editing.

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

Bermuda’s Testing Requirements on the ship

Children under 2 years old are exempt from the following tests:

1. All passengers 2 years and older must go to a testing facility to have a COVID-19 test taken no more than two days before embarkation. Click here for the requirements for a valid pre-travel test. Your test result must negative to board the ship. Bring your negative test result certificate to show at embarkation, as well as your approved Travel Authorisation.
  2. If your cruise will take more than 4 days to arrive to Bermuda, passengers wishing to get off the ship in Bermuda must take another supervised COVID-19 test on board, no more than 2 days before arrival to Bermuda. This test may be used by unvaccinated passengers to get off the ship in Bermuda.
  3. All unvaccinated passengers assigned a yellow travel authorisation waiver who wish to get off the ship in Bermuda must complete a supervised COVID-19 test on board no more than 2 days before arrival.
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

You do not have to retest if. It getting off the ship and if unvaccinated you can get a PCR test OR AN ANTIGEN TEST 2 days before 

image.thumb.png.38c7427b78242fb5045210b6abef3769.png

20 hours ago, AK Dreaming said:

Praying ncl updates their itinerary to Bermuda to now include unvaxed since Bermuda has lifted their requirements 

Yes! I wanted to go to Bermuda, as I’ve never been there, but given the requirement for a second test (my cruise gets to Bermuda on day 7 of 10 days) I’d rather just stay on the ship. I’m vaccinated and boosted but find the testing issue very stressful. 

On 8/23/2022 at 10:05 PM, njhorseman said:

By the way, the title of this thread says "Fully Vaccinated and Boosted..." but Bermuda has no requirements for a booster. You're only required to be fully vaccinated. 

Vaccination requirements may be found at:

https://www.gov.bm/what-fully-vaccinated

The information on that site is from March. Things have changed, or at least that is what my TA told me today. I am unvaccinated. Bermuda no longer requires a vaccination but will require a "negative test" within 2 days of embarkation which the ship can do for you. That said, my TA told me that Bermuda may not require vaccines anymore but NCL still does to enter Bermuda and I may not be able to go on this cruise in May 2023. I found this confusing because NCL announced that as of Sept 2 vaccines will no longer be required unless going to a country that does require it. My TA said NCL will require it if going to Bermuda....ugh! I get a lot of conflicting information. 

Edited by uneamie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, uneamie said:

The information on that site is from March. Things have changed, or at least that is what my TA told me today. I am unvaccinated. Bermuda no longer requires a vaccination but will require a "negative test" within 2 days of embarkation which the ship can do for you. That said, my TA told me that Bermuda may not require vaccines anymore but NCL still does to enter Bermuda and I may not be able to go on this cruise in May 2023. I found this confusing because NCL announced that as of Sept 2 vaccines will no longer be required unless going to a country that does require it. My TA said NCL will require it if going to Bermuda....ugh! I get a lot of conflicting information. 

The reference to that web page was to debunk the implication that Bermuda requires a booster, as the OP included the word "boosted" in both the thread title and first post.

As to current rules for testing and vaccination, yes the rules have recently changed and both NCL and Bermuda will permit unvaccinated cruisers subject to testing beyond what is required of vaccinated passengers.

In response to your post on the other thread i provided links to the appropriate NCL and Bermuda government rules.

It looks like your travel agent hasn't kept up with the new requirements.

• Like 1