Jamaica actives for 2yr old

gizbug

Heading to Jamaica this November, and have a 6yr old and a 2yr old.  Since I've done the falls in the past, I thought my wife, MIL, and 6yr old could do the falls this time.  Is there anything that my 2 1/2 yr old can do in the area why the rest of the family climbs the falls? I thought maybe just hanging out at the top waiting for them.

If not, any suggestions on a fun activity for a 2 1/2 yr old?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 2:52 PM, brat7169 said:

We are going in December with our son who will be 3 within weeks of our cruise. Wondering if you found any activities to do with your 2 1/2 yr old?

I did not. Got no replies. Might just take a cab with him to the falls and watch the family climb them.

why don't you ALL take a cab and skip the ship's tour .... you'll have more fun .... here's why

a typical ship tour takes a big group to the falls where you line walk the stairs to the bottom, form long lines holding hands, climb once with guides ensuring you stay on 'the path' - exit, reboard the bus and return to ship .... and you have wasted a bunch of money IMO

DRF is a national park with beach, gardens, (a somewhat unpopular market place) and the falls. You pay admission for A FULL DAY .... which includes climbing as many times as you'd like ... hanging out on the beach .... stroll the gardens ... find a shallow pool among the path of the falls and jst hang out ... climb up - down or sideways. Want a guide? Hire one, they work for tips and are NOT required but using one your first time ain't a bad idea. The taxi is stupid expensive given the short distance BUT you can negotiate a round trip AND pick up time . . . 

see the hand holding group behind us? That's a ship group ... we're just hanging out in one of the 'pools' along the way. Suitable for a supervised little one.

drf9.jpg.6945ce350675bc6d39638b6b23f717b9.jpg

drf4.thumb.jpg.2f9b1284de106e6a87416a4cecc24837.jpg

you are not limited to the 'path' ... if you dare

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2022 at 8:48 AM, Capt_BJ said:

why don't you ALL take a cab and skip the ship's tour .... you'll have more fun .... here's why

a typical ship tour takes a big group to the falls where you line walk the stairs to the bottom, form long lines holding hands, climb once with guides ensuring you stay on 'the path' - exit, reboard the bus and return to ship .... and you have wasted a bunch of money IMO

DRF is a national park with beach, gardens, (a somewhat unpopular market place) and the falls. You pay admission for A FULL DAY .... which includes climbing as many times as you'd like ... hanging out on the beach .... stroll the gardens ... find a shallow pool among the path of the falls and jst hang out ... climb up - down or sideways. Want a guide? Hire one, they work for tips and are NOT required but using one your first time ain't a bad idea. The taxi is stupid expensive given the short distance BUT you can negotiate a round trip AND pick up time . . . 

see the hand holding group behind us? That's a ship group ... we're just hanging out in one of the 'pools' along the way. Suitable for a supervised little one.

drf9.jpg.6945ce350675bc6d39638b6b23f717b9.jpg

drf4.thumb.jpg.2f9b1284de106e6a87416a4cecc24837.jpg

you are not limited to the 'path' ... if you dare

How does the beach look?

from their web site

Photo

note the beach is at the base of the falls ... park entrance is at the top of the climb ... to get to the beach you must go to the bottom (stairs or the falls) and of course when done you must climb back UP.

Photo