Saint Greg's New York City and Magic to Bermuda - Live - August 27-September 5 2022

Saint Greg

18 minutes ago, pcrum said:

On our last NCL cruise (Epic) there were comedy shows; don't know if they are as frequent as on Carnival, but they were there.  The Howl at the Moon Dueling Piano Bar sold us on NCL.  It's not on all of the ships, but it is lots of fun!  We also like the Broadway shows on NCL, so since you have now had a taste of NYC Broadway, that might appeal to you!  We also thought the buffet food on NCL was much better than on Carnival.  

I won't do dueling pianos or the buffet. I do know they have comedy. I think I've heard they don't have as much of it. If Celebration is like Mardi Gras I expect to have six comedians and three different comedy venues.

The "Broadway" shows might be a nice change of pace. But...I've seen Phantom of the Opera before. It wasn't Broadway quality and I doubt the NCL shows are either. I don't know if I'd rather see a cheap copy or something original. Carnival does have some good shows on the newer ships. Celestial Strings and Rock Revolution are a couple I enjoy. I would think they will have something new for Celebration but I haven't dug into that.. Mardi Gras had so much entertainment going on you couldn't possibly catch everything. If you didn't catch my Mardi Gras review you'll want to see Celebration and Jubilee. The Excel class ships are on a different level.

Edited by Saint Greg

21 minutes ago, pcrum said:

I'm envious of your OBC from your TA.  I've never so much as received a bottle of cheap wine from any TA I've used. Would love to know your secret!

Thank you for the informative reviews!

One thing I've noticed is a lot of TA's give you XXX OBC. No matter what Carnival is offering. The one I use gives me XXX..which is quite often already more than what other TAs are giving....plus they give me whatever Carnival is offering. So on this Celebration one I actually originally had another $100 OBC from Carnival that I lost during a much larger price drop I took over the summer.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 hour ago, nybumpkin said:

Greg - Thought you'd appreciate these subway announcements with Gary Cohen, Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez. They debuted this past weekend on the #7 train. 

I wish they had that when I was there. The subway part in the video I posted on post 2128 makes me laugh because even though I was only there for a few days…. I heard that voice saying “stand clear of the closing doors” A LOT. It feels like I’ve been hearing it for years.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 2

Nice review. We’re in NYC, leaving today. Didn’t do 1/8 of what you did but weren’t here for pleasure. Between my trip and your review, I’m already excited to come back. Not a fan of the city in the heat of the summer but we had perfect weather this week. Want to try spring and fall next or Christmas time. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Wow! Crazy because I published Phantom of the Opera this morning. And I got this in email this afternoon.

Broadway's The Phantom of the OperaWill Close After 35 Years

After 35 years and countless records broken, Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera will end its run at Broadway's Majestic Theatre on February 18, 2023, a production spokesperson has confirmed.

https://www.theatermania.com/broadway/news/phantom-of-the-opera-closing-broadway_71132.html?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=button

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Wow! Crazy because I published Phantom of the Opera this morning. And I got this in email this afternoon.

Broadway's The Phantom of the OperaWill Close After 35 Years

After 35 years and countless records broken, Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera will end its run at Broadway's Majestic Theatre on February 18, 2023, a production spokesperson has confirmed.

https://www.theatermania.com/broadway/news/phantom-of-the-opera-closing-broadway_71132.html?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=button

They were waiting for you to make an appearance! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

For those interested in the beer price difference between a Mets game and a Saints game. Pretty much everything I got at the Mets game was $15. The cheapest beer I had was $14.25 for a 16oz can at the grab your own beer place. Everything I had at the Mets game was local 16 oz beers.

At the Saints game the draft beer was $10.50-12.50. 24 ounce cans of Bud Light were $13. At the Mets game I remember a guy walking around selling Bud Light for $15.75. But I'm not sure if those were 16 or 24oz cans.

I dropped $100 on beer and a chicken biscuit at the Mets game. But I wanted to try their local beers. At a Saints game I won't do that. I buy cocktails. Doubles for $15.50. I think that's a better value. I'm not sure what mixed drink prices were at the Mets game.

• Like 1

This morning I got the dreaded flight change email for my Celebration cruise. Having me get into Miami at 2pm instead of 11am. And changing my debarkation day flight from 11:30 to 7am. That's a no go right there. I think I'm going to be able to work it out by flying in and out of Fort Lauderdale. Those flights are $200-300 cheaper as well. I'll probably blow some if not all of that on transportation and a Sunday sports bar since I'd have to get an evening flight out of Fort Lauderdale on that Sunday.

• Like 2