Bonus bar tab money

dazadelaide

Hi all, trying to find out what drinks you can buy with the bonus $100 on the bar tab.

The wording says the bonus can be used to buy "premium" or "specialty" beverages.

My question is what constitutes a premium or specialty beverage?

Does this mean you can't use it to buy a regular beer or wine?

Thanks 

Daz

Hi Daz, from my reading of the subject, the $100 is just added to the total, i.e. $400.

The bar tab can then be used as payment for any drink available onboard that would otherwise be paid for on top of the "free" drinks. They include all alcoholic drinks, cocktails & mocktails and espresso type coffees, etc. 

See you in Dubai!

Any beverage that has a charge can be paid with the bar tab, bonus or otherwise..  Bar tab can be shared with anyone you wish....your cabin mate, etc.  If you get to the last night and have money left on the tab, buy drinks for your new best friends or buy a bottle of wine to take home.

5 hours ago, dazadelaide said:

Thanks Yarramar.

I don't drink alcohol and my wife likes an occasional cocktail or a glass of wine but we both enjoy better coffees.

Yes see you in Dubai only 15 months to go!

If you don’t drink alcohol then do consider whether it is worth your while spending the $300 on bar tab to get the bonus. 
Soda, filtered water, standard juice, drip coffee and standard hot tea is free anyway. 
Spirt drinks are $7 with cocktails $13-15, beer $6-10 and wine $7-13 a glass. Premium coffee is about $4.
Test kitchen has drink pairings from $25 for non-alcoholic or $35 for alcoholic.

so on a four night cruise you need to have around $75 of paid for drinks between you per day just to clear the $300 spend and then you’ll still have the $100 bonus to spend.

Jon, the OP's cruise is 15 nights. I will be on that one plus a BB prior. I drink one latte per day, my wife 2. That is 45 coffees at $4, $180 plus a glass of wine or beer per night and the bar tab is gone.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, yarramar said:

Jon, the OP's cruise is 15 nights. I will be on that one plus a BB prior. I drink one latte per day, my wife 2. That is 45 coffees at $4, $180 plus a glass of wine or beer per night and the bar tab is gone.

Haha, as it wasn’t in the post I hadn’t realised! Yes they should get through the $400 in 15 nights. 
meanwhile I’m doing a 14 night transatlantic in October and can’t decide whether to spend $600 or $900 for bar tank on two of us, as we get sea blazers bonus so $900 becomes $1275